• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit Run Around Ball

sidereus7

Mama Doe
When I was at the pet store the other day, an associate saw me buying hay and pellets and started chatting me up about rabbits. He then recommended me this so my rabbits could run around:

bunnyball.jpg

Yeeeeeah, great suggestion... :roll:

Last edited:
OMG :shock: Thats shocking :?
We sell them in the pet shop i work at and even though on the box it says for G.pigs we never recommend them for G.pigs only chins or rats!

I dont agree with them at all, maybe for hammies but still them i have a little run for my hamster not a ball :)

My friend bought on for her rats - not that they've ever used it :roll:

I'd hope no-ones tried putting a rabbit in there - I can't see how they'd even be able to move it being they hop not run :roll:

thats awful, and they arent suitable for chinchillas either, they will overheat and also could die from eating the plastic (thats the first thing my chins would do)

OMG :shock: Thats shocking :?
We sell them in the pet shop i work at and even though on the box it says for G.pigs we never recommend them for G.pigs only chins or rats!

I dont agree with them at all, maybe for hammies but still them i have a little run for my hamster not a ball :)

We sell the large ones that say suitable for guinea pigs, but a disclaimer has been put on there from us stating that they aren't suitable for piggies at all.

I would never put a rat or chinchilla in one either.

i used to have one for my rat but thats when i didnt really know what i was doing and the pet shop woman sold me it with my cage and rats and just wanted money out of me really but god i would never put a piggie in it or a rabbit. never owned a chinchilla so wouldnt no how big they grow or anything to comment

but these production people are mad!

it is unbelievable the amount of terrible information people receive from some petshops

i mean there are people who take what the petshop tells them as gospel

well unfortunatly this is where pet shops should really do their jobs!

people trust pet shops they should no what they are doing as they work in a store where people will need advice etc and they should not take advantage and try and achieve sales but help and consider the welfare of the animal.

but lots of people on here ecpect people to know everthing about everything and dont expect people to need advice, well i think its stupid everyone can learn new stuff everyday and pet shops should have to take examinations and undertake training before opening in my opinion. then products wouldnt be sold wrongly to people and animals would leave with the correct equipment

:shock:

What an utterly silly thing to suggest a rabbit do!

As previously mentioned rabbits hop, and are big...

I thought the whole point was that if you had a little animal. ie hamster that you couldn't let run around the house for fear of never getting them back you put them in one of these...but not a rabbit!

Incredulous! :shock:

Back