• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

helpp cadge needded

Ive bein saving up for a bun for over 6 months and babysittin these horibble kids :(

does any one now where i can get a cheap indoor cage for 10 - 20 pounds please :cry:

Please don't get a bunny if you can't afford decent housing for him or her. Bunnies can cost a fortune in food, toys, treats and most importantly vet bills. Please consider the cost before making a commitment to an animal that can live for more than a decade.

I guess you dont have the bunny yet, if you dont have the cage. Once you get the bunny, you would have to pay for vaccinations, neutering etc which is alot more expensive than an indoor cage :?

However, if you already have bunny, maybe you could post what area you are in so someone can advise. A dog crate is normally a better buy as they are bigger, look on ebay for a 48" dog crate. An indoor bunny cage is not big enough to house a bunny in 24/7 :) xXx

I guess you dont have the bunny yet, if you dont have the cage. Once you get the bunny, you would have to pay for vaccinations, neutering etc which is alot more expensive than an indoor cage :?

However, if you already have bunny, maybe you could post what area you are in so someone can advise. A dog crate is normally a better buy as they are bigger, look on ebay for a 48" dog crate. An indoor bunny cage is not big enough to house a bunny in 24/7 :) xXx

Thankkx i havent got a bunny yet ..
but ive alreadi brought a cage but realessed it is way to small do you know of any indoor cages cheap of actual pet stores ?

have you tried looking on freecycle, or second hand places like ebay?

new hutches of a decent size can be pretty expensive :( but well done for looking for one that will give your bun plenty of space :)

good luck x

I'd recommend a nic setup but its not cheap. You'd be really hard pressed to find anything suitable for little money. For a nic setup your looking at at least £43. Then you have all the other costs to consider such as toys, food, vaccines, neutering etc.
This is my setup. Though i have since added a rug underneath and other things too.
SDC10317-1.jpg

Helen xx

I'd recommend a nic setup but its not cheap. You'd be really hard pressed to find anything suitable for little money. For a nic setup your looking at at least £43. Then you have all the other costs to consider such as toys, food, vaccines, neutering etc.
This is my setup. Though i have since added a rug underneath and other things too.
SDC10317-1.jpg

Helen xx

thx tht looks really cosiy but my mom would neva let me spend dat much on such a little thig

p.s ive got all the other stuff brought tht first '')

thx tht looks really cosiy but my mom would neva let me spend dat much on such a little thig

p.s ive got all the other stuff brought tht first '')

But, your rabbit may well live for 10+ years, so £43 is nothing for accommodation. Our rabbits living area cost us over £500! Considering the rabbit will need 3 vaccinations a year, each at £20 each? :?

Did you buy the cage at a pet shop? If so you can return it and get a refund if it's not fit for the purpose for which it was supplied. eg if it was sold as a rabbit cage but too small to put a rabbit in.

if you already have a cage which you feel is too small you could get a decent sized pen from pets at home, i think it was 29.99 and you could attach it to the cage :D

P8040001.jpg

i have since got rid of the cage and bought a 2nd pen to make it double the size

Did you buy the cage at a pet shop? If so you can return it and get a refund if it's not fit for the purpose for which it was supplied. eg if it was sold as a rabbit cage but too small to put a rabbit in.

Yehh i tryed to but they rufesed and said its alright no dought tht i asked a rabbit specailist to see and they said i was to small to even fit in a draf rabbit

:cry:
But, your rabbit may well live for 10+ years, so £43 is nothing for accommodation. Our rabbits living area cost us over £500! Considering the rabbit will need 3 vaccinations a year, each at £20 each? :?

yehh ive been ookin at a cage on ebay it was 10 pounds but large and could fit in over 4 rabbits but before i bidded it was closed

Our bunnies accomdation cost £400 :lol:
What about a dog crate?
In my opinion, £43 isn't a lot of money for something of that size.
You will not get a hamster cage for 10-20 quid.
How old are you?

Our bunnies accomdation cost £400 :lol:
What about a dog crate?
In my opinion, £43 isn't a lot of money for something of that size.
You will not get a hamster cage for 10-20 quid.
How old are you?

about 12 goin on 13

believe me babysitting was hard i styll hope i can get a rabbit

Back