• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

female rabbits still humping

slimjim

New Kit
Hello everyone,

I have got two female rabbits about a year old, i got the spayed about a month ago everything went well the scars healed and i thought it would calm them down as they were constantly trying to hump each other and also as a benefit that they will not get cancer in later life.

They have still been humping, i am wondering shouldnt the operation have stopped this? They dont seem to like us much either at the moment as they were really friendly before the operation but now dont seem to want us near them both now.

I feel silly asking these questions but i am a little confused by the fact they have not calmed down.

Ginger lives with 13other rabbits, she humps one they move, she jumps on the next rabbit, they move, she jumps on the next rabbit ..... I could go on and she has been neutered 3years!

It's the time of year!

Our doe Trix has been spayed since Feb 2008 and is generally calm. But this last week she has been a menace!

Do you buns have plenty of space to exercise & play? And toys etc. to keep them busy? Distraction might be the key!

Be patient! Good luck! x

Back