• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Disorientation/Stress - Urgent advice please!

Banni Binky

Warren Scout
Today we moved Tila into his new home - a 6ftx3ft, 2-story hutch. Each level is 3ft tall.

Since then, he seems to be disoriented and a little stressed - not overly, his heart rate appears same as normal, and he isn't thumping, but he is throwing his litter tray about the hutch, scratching the door and hasn't touched his dinner (unusual for him, especially since I added some oats to entice him, that failed) and he refuses to go down the ramp into the bottom level. We added little 'rungs' across the ramp for grip and even a little barrier to stop him falling off the side as on his first attempt, he started to slip. But even after adding these things and showing him he will no longer fall Tila still seems scared of the ramp, and the whole hutch in general.

How do I help him to be comfortable in his new hutch? Putting him in his previous hutch isn't really an option - it is WAY too small for him as he has outgrown it and can only just lay down in it's length. However if he gets any more stressed I may have to :cry:

It has taken us months to make this hutch, I really want him to be comfortable and happy in it...

Any advice is very gratefully received, I really want him to be eating again by the morning (It's 10.30 at night...)

I went out to check on him again - I pulled back the tarp and looked inside, and here's Tila on the ground level looking up at me with a ":shock: Krap! Busted!!" look on his face! :roll: :lol: He had been pulling around his other litter tray down there, I bought him a new one for the bottom level.

He still hasn't eaten, though I imagine this development means he's becoming familiarized with his surroundings...

Also, I am going to be buying him some Griptape (like you put on a tile step to stop from slipping) to give him some better grip on his ramp...

new places

Hi, sorry to hear that your bun is worrying you.:(

Some take a while to work out their environment. What we see as logic isn't the same in a Buns world.

Once they are comfortable and realise that all is safe they explore more.
Putting the litter tray where they want is a good sign:D

Hope the food has disappeared and you have been greeted with a happy Bun.

Back