• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice needed on Guinea Pig

deja224

Alpha Buck
Wasnt sure where to put this so I hope i put in the right place! Please bear with me why i try and explain!

We have one guinea pig we only got him as owner wanted him put down as he was bald and had breathing problems (lung damge may be from a old infection) Problem is he is on his own and he goes through stages of not wanting to eat and making alot of noise, vet said he is healthy teeth ect, We think he is loney as a few doors down have 2 guinea pigs and they squeak to each other, We wont just go and buy one but vet said a rescuse wont let us have another as he isnt neutered, Due to the breathing problem he wont be able to be put under to have this done, Is this true? And do you think he is loney?

Hope that makes sense :oops: be great for some advice :)

I'm not really sure but have you enquired with any of your local rescues to check the situation. I'm not sure about the stress of a bonding on him though.

I have a rabbit that has breathing problems, the vet said it was very risky to put him under GA to be neutered which is true but he pulled through the op okay thankfully.

He would need to be neutered if you plan on getting him a friend but you should call your local rescue to see what they suggest. Also it might be worth getting a second opinion from another vet regarding his breathing problems as he might need treatment for it.

Back