• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Advice For a Friend Please With Outside Bun

loopylop

Wise Old Thumper
Hiya,

My friend has a bit of a problem with her outdoor hutch. She can't stop slugs getting into the hutch and they are being attracted to the food :(

She has put those beer things out (which attract the slugs and then you empty) which does lessen the problem but doesn't cure it.

Anyone any ideas? :(

When it came to plants, my nan used to put a ring of salt around the flower pot. Kinda mean and I don't know how well it worked - but I can always remember her doing it when I was little :roll: sure do remember weird things from childhood :lol:

Is she putting too much food down for the buns? The food doesn't last long enough in my rabbit enclosures for the slugs to get to it:lol: They only have half a tablespoon of pellets each per day plus fresh veg and loads of hay. Aside from the hay, the rest of it is all gone in a matter of minutes (although the veg maybe is munched on for half an hour).

Copper wire strips around the hutch :)

Thats not actually worked for me :(

I can't stop them getting in Trip and Scarletts run I have tried everything that has been suggested on here before :? And mine have no food laying about because they eat their pellets and veg straight away and their hay is kept in a rack up in their hutch

If there is food being left about then I would say she could give them less pellets or if its veg being left about maybe she is giving them to too much of that, I have never found slugs in the hay just the run so I don't think they are attracted to hay at all :)

Back