• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Little update on Alfie

Alfie has been on his inhaler since Thursday night, on Bisovlon for nearly two weeks and also had his last steroid injection Tuesday (this was only a 48 hr one so will have worn off about Thursday night).

I was told the inhaler would take about 2 weeks to start to work (same as a human inhaler), but this weekend Alfie has start slightly improving :)

For nearly two months he has just sat in his cage rocking, and only running out for food. Well this weekend he has been out running around, climbing over the sofa and being naughty :love:

He does still go and sit in his corner and rock but not as much. I just hope he contiunes to improve and can enjoy his bunny life.

He doesn't really like it. We have to wrap him in a towel them my O/H holds him and I put the chamber over his mouth. Only takes about 30 seconds and he gets a grape afterwards.

First few times he sulked for ages after it, but last night he was OK and started running around so I hope he is getting used to it :)

He doesn't really like it. We have to wrap him in a towel them my O/H holds him and I put the chamber over his mouth. Only takes about 30 seconds and he gets a grape afterwards.

First few times he sulked for ages after it, but last night he was OK and started running around so I hope he is getting used to it :)

I am sure that once he learns that having his meds means getting a grape he'll settle into the routine.

Thank you :wave:

How long did it take Smokey to tolerate his inhaler? Alfie still really stuggles and gets a bit stressed out.

In one way, as Smokey got better, he behaved worse.:roll: But he didn't get so stressed I was worried about him, he just knew he didn't like it, he always managed his yoghurt drop straight after.:)

Back