• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hay rack problems

Bunnykids

Alpha Buck
Hiya,
I have put hay racks in the hutches for my mini lops,but for some reason they do not stay where they are put.
Both mini lops decide that they want to play with them and throw them off onto the hutch floor(good game):lol:
Anybody have any ideas how to make sure they stay where they are put?
:lol::D

Cable ties maybe?
None of mine will eat from hay racks:roll::lol::lol:

Thanks for your reply,
That could work,as long as they don`t decide to chew them off:lol:

Just gone back in and one was on the hutch floor and the other one was still on but lower down,lets see how long that stays in place:D

Yup - cable ties! That's what I use. Get some really smally ones and do them up tight. Mine have never attempted to chew them off. Other than that, just use some gardening wire.

Cable ties seem to be working,apart from the fact one of them chucks all the hay out onto the floor and then eats it:roll:

In the enclosed part of the bun's kennel my lot throw about their tunnels, boxes, litter trays and basket around. Now I push the litter tray up the corner with a brick and the the box too. I let them throw around the basket though.
Cable ties seems a good idea.

I had to take my hay rack down after I found my lop sat in it! Which was ok because there was plenty of hay in it but I was frightened they might get their legs stuck once it was empty.

My Milo does this too! I ended up taking the hay rack away and just dumped more hay into his litter pan. I think I'll try this cable tie thing...

He is also a mini lop so...

Mini Lop + Hay Rack = Sara needing to vacuum daily. :censored:

Darn rabbits! :lol:

Back