• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sorry, another, what do you think?

If it's 6ft deep then I would have the covered section 2ft wide, you can add shelves or extra layers to make it interesting and give a bit more room, but 6ft x 2ft is enough for the covered area :)

It looks great :)

If you add the extra layer in the covered bit then yes I would say that would be fine for four buns. Without it maybe increase the covered area to 3ft?

Looks good but quite a lot of money. Would a shed or playhouse with an attached run be cheaper or do you not have the room.

It would cost 200 for a shed and another 190 for a 9 ft aviary(without a roof)

For 490 I get it delivered and built for me, which would make a difference to me, as trying to get help round here is like getting blood out of a stone!

I have something similar for two medium-sized rabbits.

100_0402-2.jpg

Originally, this was 9ft by 5ft but I found it needed more 'run' space so added another 6ft by 3ft run at one end. The enclosed shed part is 5ft by 4ft and I personally wouldn't recommend going any smaller than that. It's comfortably big enough for me to get in there to clean, plus on a cold day, I can sit in there with them! They have two levels in there but never use the upper level, preferring to stay at ground level. I also changed the end pannel from wood/solid door to wire and a mesh door because it was very dark in the run. It now lets much more sun in and the buns can see almost all round themselves - you know how they like to sit in an external corner and see what's 'out there'. They also love to sunbathe! Not only that, when it was enclosed on 3 sides, I couldn't see the buns unless I was stood right infront of the shed. I'd also recommend wire right down to the ground rather than having running boards at the bottom of the wire. The bunnies like to be able to see out and the boards at the bottom stop this to a degree.

It doesn't say how tall yours is in the advert. Mine is 5'5" at the highest point down to 5' at the lowest. Just tall enough for me to walk around in there comfortably (at 5 foot and a dogend, I don't need much headroom:lol:).

Last edited:
I think it would be great for four buns. On concrete it will secure enough for them to have access to the run bit at all times :)

I think a 2 or 3 ft enclosed bit would give them a nice cosy area to sleep in.

Mine have 24/7 access to the whole area and they're lovely and secure (or as secure as I can make them). Yours are very lucky buns if you're buying this for them!

But a 2ft wide enclosed area? Just imagine, you go through a full height door into a fully enclosed area about the same width as your shoulders. Are you going to be comfortable getting in there to clean? I'm sure it'll be fine for the buns as it's just for them to sleep in and escape any foul weather but you've got to get in there too. I'd say 3ft wide minimum. Otherwise it'll be like locking yourself into a dark tomb:shock: Remember, there's no windows in there.

Last edited:
This is the same size as my enclosure but the hutchy part looks a bit smaller on your one. Mine get 24/7 hour access though as it is secure and they like to sleepon top of the haybale looking out.
I have 3 buns in there and am hoping to get 2 more but they will have free ranging time on a lawn when I'm home.
I think the price is a little steep though, will have to ask my dad how much ours cost :wave:

It would cost 200 for a shed and another 190 for a 9 ft aviary(without a roof)

For 490 I get it delivered and built for me, which would make a difference to me, as trying to get help round here is like getting blood out of a stone!

I'd got for it. I'm quite lucky my brother is a carpenter so made the run for me and built up the playhouse.

Back