• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

cheap bun food!

sam and nala

Alpha Buck
i work for sainsburies and used to work for tesco and what is it with them selling **** rabbit food?, they sell all the best dog and cat food and then sell crappy bun food

i feel sorry for all of those forgotten buns whos owners have no knowlage and feed them this **** that does not look yummy in the slightest and actualy works out quite alot of money for the size bag it is etc

it makes me sick why cant they sell excell or something just a better brand than what they currently do and its always cheap mixes never pellets

anyway i have complained to my manager and they have said if enough people complain about the quality of rabbit food they will change the brand into the most wanted brand such as excell or whatever but surly anything is better than this over priced **** thats on the shelves at present.

do you not think it would be easyer while you where shopping at asda, tesco, sainsbury's or where ever if you could pick up your buns food there rather than traveling to your pet store...........i do anyway

pointless thread really i just felt like sharing it with people lol

Its not a pointless thread :) I totally see your point. I guess if we dont let the supermarkets know what we want, then they wont stock it :lol:

I shall write a letter if i remember - we normally shop at Sainsburys or Tesco but sometimes asda for bunny veg! :) xXx

I don't think the wagg stuff is actually that bad. There are several people on this forum that feed Wagg Optimum and I haven't heard of any problems with it.

I would prefer it if they sold SS though as I have to go to other shops to get that but I guess most people don't want to buy the expensive food. :?

this food isnt wagg its some random stuff i have never heard of before just some cheap stuff they do a hamster version too but it just looks awfull

i wouldnt really mind if they sold wagg aslong as they sold pellets too to help out those people who feed pellets

i mean they can offer 6 diffrent dog and cat foods but only 1 rabbit food whats that about

I feed my buns wagg optimum and they love it :)
We have to go to bristol to get it though, so it works out expensive includeing petrol and the bridge toll!! :shock: My local tesco sells wagg dog food, but not rabbit food! :evil: :roll:

Supermarkets don't sell the best dog foods! Just the ones that are most popular. Bakers is sold everywhere but is one of the worst foods to feed as it is full of artificial colourings and can make dogs hyperactive.

Supermarkets don't sell the best dog foods! Just the ones that are most popular. Bakers is sold everywhere but is one of the worst foods to feed as it is full of artificial colourings and can make dogs hyperactive.

agree. the supermarkets just sell the average (not the truely terribal stuff but not that great either) i can't think of a single one that sells james wellbeloved or science plan for example. the same unfortunaly goes for bunny food.
(with the exception that they do sell the **** ones marketed for both bunnys and guinea that as far as i cant tell appears to consist largly of flaked peas and corn:evil:)

I agree that supermarkets should stock a wider variety of rabbit food too. All the supermarkets local to me only seem to sell Wagg bunny brunch & Wagg Optimum, but at least they are giving a choice of mix or pellets I suppose. As rabbits are the 3rd most popular pet after dogs & cats they should have more choice I think.

Luckily I have found a great farm that sells animal food not to far from me and now get all my stuff for the buns from there as it has more variety and is loads cheaper. They sell 10kg sacks of SS for £14.25! the cheapest I have seen it anywhere :)

Back