• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonded Pair to the Vets

sidereus7

Mama Doe
I know I'm supposed to bring my bonded pair to the vets together for surgeries and stuff, but what about just regular short visits?

Milo is headed to the vets on Monday for incontinence, and I just wanted to know if I should bring Eddison along too!

I do generally. It's comforting for them. Also there's always a small risk the vet will find something that requires the bun to stay in

It really depends. I try and have the jabs done for all of mine at the same time so yes they all go together. When honey had stasis I took her in alone for the simple reason that I know they don't have the facilities to keep 4 rabbits in together for a long period of time. We did have a few problems when she came back in the evening (about 12 hours later) BUT the four do not yet have a very strong bond so I knew it was a risk. If she had just been away for an hour there would not have been a problem tho.

i dont id bother myself now ive seen for myself the bond between my pair dont break after a night with one at the vets... not worth the stress on the other one really

I have been taking both of mine whenever we need to go but dont think I will anymore. They spend most of their time apart anyways so I dont think either would notice if the other popped out for an hour!

silly question here...i take mine for their injections etc together, when dumpling goes to see the plum fairy in a few weeks do i take Stew as well? do i leave her there or bring her home?

I take Monty and audrey together every visit, whether it's for vacs or not. when Audrey had stasis last year, Monty came along to the vets every visit. also when Monty had his teeth done last year, Audrey went with him. I sent them with some toys/greens/pellets fleecey blanket (as Audrey has sore hocks) etc...... the vet knows I'm a neurotic pet owner:lol: but Audrey is very nervous about going to the vet and Monty is very laid back so I hope he is a reassuring influence.......it is a military exercise getting two to the vets though.....

good luck

silly question here...i take mine for their injections etc together, when dumpling goes to see the plum fairy in a few weeks do i take Stew as well? do i leave her there or bring her home?

I would say yes for sure. I brought Eddison when Milo was neutered, and the staff at the vets was raving about how cute they were. Eddison snuggled up to Milo and groomed him as he was recovering. :love:

I think it's a good comfort. And Eddison hates the vets, yet he tolerated being with Milo very well.

Our four luckily all fit into their myxi jab together... will have to see when VHD time rolls around :lol::lol: Up to now the pairs went everywhere together but all four... haha if we do have to do pairs we might take same sexs together as if they split up I don't want them to come back and fight.:roll:

Back