• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Is it normal to see the odd caecotroph?

ChloeLawless

Mama Doe
I just found a small (just two) amount of caecotrophs on the floor by Lilys house, am I right to be worried? the rest of her poops are and have been fine today. I am keeping an eye on her and she has an absolute stack of hay which she is tucking into as I type and shes had some dandelions aswell.

I am quite worried as she knocked my washing airer over on herself today :roll: I was so worried about her but she seems ok, shes eaten and has passed some poop since it happened and it wasnt a bad "accident" as i caught it just in time.

I have checked her all over and she is fine, her bum is clean as a whistle aswell.

She had A LOT of uneaten caecotrophs a couple of weeks ago which the vet saw her about but this was nowhere near as bad, they were minute but I just wanted to check.

I feel so bad that she knocked the bloody airer over, my back was turned for a second and shes all over the place when I'm home.

I hope no one thinks badly of me..I just wanted to get some info on it all.

Thank you x

Honey usually gets these when she has had too much carrot since I only give her a tiny bit now and then I haven't seen any for weeks.

I think I may cut down on her pellets and up her hay for a couple of days and see how she goes. fingers crossed shes ok, she drives me mad with worry :(

They are nothing to worry about, it doesn't mean she is ill! She has probably just eaten to many rich foods. If she has sugary treats or veg etc then that is usually the result, or too many pellets.

Milly constantly does them, she doesn't do too many, it's just she rarely eats them so I see them...despite not being given sugary foods. Not even SS stops her from leaving them. There is nothing wrong with her health wise.

Back