• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Shed bases???

Bellatrix18

Warren Scout
I have bought a self assembly shed (6x4) and was wondering what base to put it on... I've done a load of research but I am a DIY virgin and to be honest I have no clue what I'm doing!!! :shock: So any advice would be appreciated!!!

Thanks a bunch :)

I laid paving slabs making sure to get them as level as possible using a spirit level and sand. Luckily they were just the right size for the shed :)

Thanks so much for all the replies and info! (Yep I did mean what to stand it on Hurricanehoney :) )

I really like the look of the ecobase. Does anyone have any experience with them??

I have got a wooden floor that came as part of the shed. then for the base, to ensure it was totally even, we laid bricks in line with the beams ont he base of the floor. I have got pics if you want me to put them up..
you line the bricks up so they are perfectly in line with each other, then the shed sits properly, the door works right, and there is no draughts!

Back