• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

post spay ..wish i hadnt bothered!

youngbunny2

Mama Doe
bluebell is now soo moody and attacks me:( she was fine before her spay.she is agressive towards everything.we took her to be checked in case she was in pain but all is fine.Really wish i hadnt done it now.

how long has it been since spay nala attacked me alot at first but then her hormones settled and she is now fine but i think its just there hormones are all over the place after the op

hope she settles down soon :)

It can take a couple of weeks to a couple of months for hormones to settle down post-spay so don't worry too much. Just keep an eye on her incase her behaviour is due to pain (e.g. post op infection) rather than hormones

bluebell is now soo moody and attacks me:( she was fine before her spay.she is agressive towards everything.we took her to be checked in case she was in pain but all is fine.Really wish i hadnt done it now.

Hi, how long has it been? My male rabbit was agressive towards me before his op and after his op he wasn't as bad but wouldn't let me anywhere near him for ages. Now, 6 months on we are friends again :D

Star had recently had her spay and again was quite grumpy with me (not agressive though but 'moody') but again now she is fine.

Just remember what your rabbit has been through and that you was the one they they see as doing the op (ie you took her to the vets and now she has had his big operation and feels sore, tender etc) .... give it time for the healing and hormones to settle down and build up the trust with your rabbit again (a little treat when you 'visit' them worked with my rabbits!) and I am sure that all will be well soon x

Wendy

hi how long has it been? it usually takes around a month to settle the hormones down and during this initial month they can be aggressive even more so than before. also has anythign else changed(if it was within the last 2 weeks i would consider giving more pain relief? if was longer than that then also consider if somehting is different or sore this can too cause agression ...

it took petal maybe 5 months t calm down, shes a lovely bunny now. you did the best thing ever for your bunny, she won't have to worry or sufer uturine cancer or fake pregnances. don't worry i was all worried about petal too, she'll come around, promise.

Back