• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Hope has been to the vets...

Tuckerbunnies

Wise Old Thumper
Just got back from the vets with Hope, was a little bit worried how she would travel down as this is her first time to the vets without her Brother Danny since we lost him in April but she wasn't to bad.

Vet looked at her eyes and thinks she has a slight infection in them both and so I have to put some 'Fucithalmic' in them both twice a day. We also had her teeth and ears checked and teeth are ok but her ears are a bit waxy so got some 'Canaural' drops for them. We do clean inside her ears but she shakes her head so much she makes it difficult.

Anyway so glad to get her back home safely as when I took her Sister Kayleigh last June to the vets just for a check-up she was so stressed she went into GI Stasas and died on the way to the emergency vet the following morning so I was a bit paranoid thinking the same would happen to Hope. :?

Hi Maisey,

That's great news that it was nothing more serious! Hopefully the fucithalimic cream will help with the infection in her eyes.

I had no idea that rabbits could become so stressed, I just took two of my fosters down to the vets because Thumper has stopped eating, and poor sophie is absolutely soaking all over her face and legs because her nose ran so much due to the stress :(

After hearing about poor Kayleigh I think I will avoid taking her down again unneccessarily.x

Bless her, so glad Hope travelled ok & is doing fine - hope the fucithalmic & canuaral helps :) No wonder you were relieved she travelled ok, after what happened with Kayleigh :cry: Sending her vibes & lots of nose rubs xx

Lola got so stressed when she went to the vets she went into stasis. It was dreadful.

Good Luck vibes for Hope x x

Hi Maisey,

That's great news that it was nothing more serious! Hopefully the fucithalimic cream will help with the infection in her eyes.

I had no idea that rabbits could become so stressed, I just took two of my fosters down to the vets because Thumper has stopped eating, and poor sophie is absolutely soaking all over her face and legs because her nose ran so much due to the stress :(

After hearing about poor Kayleigh I think I will avoid taking her down again unneccessarily.x

Hi :wave:
hope Thumper is ok :( and poor Sophie Bless :( let me know how they go on.
Yes I had a hard time getting over Kayleigh as I felt so guilty as if I'd killed her, but she hadn't had a check-up for some time and she was due one and passed it with flying colours. no problems and perfect teeth (which is a change for us as we have so many with dental problems) but she was so stressed out and she went down with her Sister Miss Warburton and we left their Brother Toffee at home and just took the girls, she just didn't stop stressing and by morning she was worse and Mike rushed her to the emergency vet early in a morning and she started breathing funny so he pulled in at the nearest layby and took her out of her pet carrier and cuddled her and she died in his arms. It was so sad. So I was worried about Hope travelling on her own.
Hope Thumper & Sophie will be ok...sending them some get well vibes xx

Back