• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Sweet Dreams Hay - £1.29 a bag?

~ Cat ~

Wise Old Thumper
Hi folks.

The only hay my pet shop had yesterday was Sweet Dreams Hay, the cheapest hay they sell.

I have to say my girls have gone totally bonkers for it and are both sat in the hay tray, Lola keeps on grabbing mouthfulls and running into her bed to eat it and they keep on grabbing it out of each others mouth.

Its very thick and stalky and I can hear their little teeth munching on it.

Might have to get some more, but is cheap hay OK if they eat it?

I would love a bale but I dont have anywhere to store it. These two are like starving dogs with this hay! Its very dry and crunchy, and not dust (it says dust extracted on bag).

My girls are a cheap date!

Yep the bale i get is very dry and stalky, just how Bert like it.
I have a guinea pig room so i store my bale in a wheelie bin in there.

Cheap hay is fine if they are eating plenty of it. My two are sooo fussy I wish I could get mine from the pet shop and not have to pay postage.

Mine like cheap stuff :)
TBH the petshops that are easily accessible for me tend to just be the cheap stuff, but we got an 80p bag from home bargins and the buns love it!
Mine just like me buying different hays a lot :) If I buy it from a different place each time, they go mad for it.

can you store a bale? i get lovely stuff from the farm in byfield. it makes my room smell like a meadow :lol::love:

Yeah I've got a small playhouse for my rabbit goodies. I had thought about getting it from Bodicote flyover but they seem to like West Wales Willows and I generally try to get bigger boxes to save on postage.

Back