• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Playing in the rain!

Bunny Manor

Young Bun
To get around the problem of the bunnies being in their runs and getting wet, I have covered the top of the runs with clear plexiglass! it can be removed when not raining and means that they stay dry when it is. The buns love being out of their sheds and watching each other across the garden from their runs.

im sure mine liked to sit in the rain. they never used the shelter and would simply sit in the middle of the lawn. the only time i ever saw then run for cover was when it began to hail.:?
good idea about the run though.

Mallow is quite happy running around in the rain. Storm hates it and won't go anywhere where he may get wet. I'm thinking of changing his name to 'Fairweather' :lol:

Everytime it rains I rush out to put Smudge in his playhouse - he just gives me the runaround. He likes being wet. But he's a Rex and his fur goes curly when it's wet. :lol: Still, if he's happy - I guess it won't kill him.

mine love the rain. i've got saturated plenty of times trying to get them back in while they run around without a care in the world:D i just leave their door open now and its up to them.

Peter loves the rain! He's always happy to hop about in it and looks at me crossly when I'm trying to persuade him in. He HATES the wind though. On Monday and Tuesday this week when it was really windy he hid in the bedroom bit of his hutch all day. Poor bun.

Mopsy is not keen on the rain. The first time she was out in the rain she just ran around madly and when I went to get her she came straight to me to be rescued. It was as if she was thinking 'What the h**l is this stuff Mum?'
She was only 7 weeks old when I rescued her from a potential breeder so I dont think she had experienced rain before. She was not at all bothered by the wind though.

Ive covered mine in a cheap (80p) clear IKEA shower curtain. I found plexi glass a bit expensive. But I am going to make sure the next one has a proper roof.

My buns love the rain!
They are free range in the garden, they get let out in the morning rain or shine and they come out and sit there... getting wet :roll::lol:

Mine love the rain too and when in the garden, I can't get them out of the rain :lol:

However with their run, I put an old cheap camping groundsheet over the top to stop the grass in the run getting too saturated with water :wave:

Back