• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

It just gets worse..

Raven Rexs

Mama Doe
i now have 4 poorly baby buns with bloat 2 hares 1 lop 1 rex wat on earth is going on do you think the weather being up and down might be playing a factor they all ate lot and lots of hay theyve had it for 3days now asked my vet K wat the best option and she suggested Gripe Water and it seems to be taking down the gas *touches wood* i cant stand losing more lives:cry:

We've had good success with Woodwards gripe water. No alcohol and no sugar and it smells lovely and the buns lap it up.

Good luck x

yes thats the one ive picked up mini lop 3ml 6 times likes taking it but the hares 4ml 6 times protest im also giving the hares 2ml Califig as im not seeing any poos from them. the mini lop is pooing now but its very soft so i have to keep cleaning him up but id rather see poo than none
they wont eat any hay from what i can see. ive got some criticle care comming tomorrow and fibre plex but im sure you not ment to tube feed with bloat?

could it be something in the hay that has caused it, maybe you should stop breeding for a while, you seem to be losing quite a few:cry::cry::cry:

im changing back onto my pellets as i think the babys cant handle the mix it was only ment for winter months hence why its so rich didnt think i would affect the babys as long as they had tonnes of hay but as always i was wrong just seems like the world is falling apart since my Darling Duke passed:cry::cry::cry:

my rabbit Luna after her spay op would not eat anything but she started to eat again after being fed a little peice of Banana after she ate this fruit she started to eat her hay and main food again.

I think Banana contains gluecose in it as well as other stuff so any way it triggered her to eat again after a couple of days after her op.

and now she really likes banana if fed in small peices to her.
it goes down a treat.

I'd try to just keep the babies on hay and water for 2-3 days Nicole.
I know the mix gets good body condition on but it has a lot of molasses in it which encourages the growth of 'bad' gut bacteria and can lead to enteritis and bloat.

Are the babies eating and behaving relatively normally ?

Do you use a probiotic in their drinking water ? That may be a helpful supportive measure.

Fibreplex would be another thing to give. Not only does it contain pre/probiotics but it also contains essential fibre. Your Vet should stock Fibreplex or you can buy it online

http://www.vetuk.co.uk/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1180

PM me if I can be of any help and I hope the babies recover

Back