• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

How random is this...

lostunicorn

Alpha Buck
Went to feed the buns and give them their meds at about 8, I was sitting chatting to Daisy:oops: when I noticed a dark lump on her...opened the hutch to investigate and realised a slug was sleeping in her fur! How random is that. I removed it and as the slug was sitting on a patch of fur she is casting I gently removed the fur that had slug slime on it.

Daisy really didn't seem to mind but was wondering if anyone else has had this? I've had a rabbit (Flopsy) adopt a mouse before (she got very gumpy at me when I put new mesh on a cage and stopped her friend getting in) but never a slug!

Surprised your bunny adopted a mouse cos ours hated our hamster.

We thought our hamster was okay with the camel spider living in our lounge but it turns out he didn't like it - he moved his bed from behind the sofa back into his cage.

Surprised me too...opened the shed door one day to find my rabbit Flopsy and a wild mouse eating out of her food bowl and her washing it! This happened about three times and I'd open the hutch and they would both just look at me! This was when I still lived at home...I must have been about 16 at the time.

I redid the wire on the hutch as think the mouse had sneaked through it, also covinced my Mum to let me take Flopsy to the vet for a check up and the vet said she was having a phantom pregnancy and thought the mouse was her baby...was really sad.:(

I gave her lots of love and hugs though and after being grumpy with me for a few days she was fine!

i used to always find snails parading up and down poppy's back in the morning, it was horrid. till i painted the legs of the hutch with salt paste so they couldnt get up :)

Barney beats up snails who get into his hutch. :roll: Used to find them sat in his food bowl of a morning (not sure WHY, because he eats all his pellets quickly so there can't be anything for them) and he'd push the bowl AT me like, 'look at this! move it!' Then I'd find others in corners of his hutch with cracked shells... I really think he might have attacked a few. And I felt all sorry for them, so made a snail den at the opposite side of the garden, gave them a cuttlebond thing for calcium to aid their shell-healing and kept moving them.

Back