• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

For Tracy and any other big pig lovers.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Gigi,
IMG_0216.jpg

IMG_0219.jpg

IMG_0190.jpg

Scarlet,
IMG_0226.jpg

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0191.jpg

Last edited:
we think Scarlet is a tamworth cross gloucestershire old spot. Gigi is a commercial large white type, We think she fell off a lorry aged 2 weeks old.

Awwwh :love::love: Id love to come to yours - it must be so amazing with all the farm animals :love:

They have them dark brown piggies down the farm near us, theres lots of them all in a field :( Poor things

xXx

If your up,our way feel free to visit. we're not very tidy though.:lol:

All the animals are used to being handled, most of the sheep are a bit wary, except Badger, who must get a scratch in the morning.
The pigs enjoy attention and Scarlet will roll over on her side for a tummy rub.
The goats all got out to the field on leads, two by two, although sometimes I end up being dragged along.:shock:

Your farm animals are so lucky. I read an article today about the way pigs are treated by the meat industry and it just broke my heart. :(

Your farm animals are so lucky. I read an article today about the way pigs are treated by the meat industry and it just broke my heart. :(

I know its awful, I knew it wasn't nice, and infact when I stopped eating meat. it was initially poultry and pork, but after getting Gigi I found out a bit more and it was even more horrendous than I thought.
IN some ways it seems worse because they are so intelligent, when you look in their eyes they really see you for who you are. They are the most human of animals we have.
It doesn't really justify things, because pain is pain and the level of intelligence doesn't change that, but there is more psychological damage to be done. If any of you are up here you really need to meet the animals as they are amazing, not just the rabbit, but all of them.
As long as you don't expect things to be tidy :lol: or clean.:oops:

Oh thank you so much.:D

Piggies are my most favorite animal :love::love::love::love: I always wanted to work with them, but never really got the chance.
Your right though they are very intelligent and very clean animals.
If we every see any, I always have to give them a good scratch until they start going all gooey and slide tot he ground.

I'd love to call in if we're ever your way.:D

Oh thank you so much.:D

Piggies are my most favorite animal :love::love::love::love: I always wanted to work with them, but never really got the chance.
Your right though they are very intelligent and very clean animals.
If we every see any, I always have to give them a good scratch until they start going all gooey and slide tot he ground.

I'd love to call in if we're ever your way.:D

Please do, we are in Aberdeenshire!:)

Back