• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What brand of Pellets/Mix do you feed your rabbits?

Hi everyone!

Just wanted to know out on interest what brand of dry food do you feed your bunnies! ;) Oh & how much daily? I feed Dodson & Horrell Chudleys rabbit royale & I feed 2ozs per bunny,they are Dwarf,Cashmere lops and mini lops x. :D

Thanks a bunch! xxx

It gets very complicated with me. I am feeding Wesley a mix of Wagg Optinum and Science Selective and Honey Science Selective Mature. I was going to try and change them over to Bunny Basics Timothy once I've finished this lot of food. I also give them some Excel pellets as a treats as I received some free samples.

I have been feeding mine excel for young and dwarf rabbits as this is what the lady i got her from was feeding her. I just tend to tip some in the bowl about half full and let her eat what she wants...should i be measuring it? she doesn't usually eat all i give her.

I feed mine rabbit royale too, I tend to give a small handful daily. I've got small hands though, I've got to tell Mike to give half a handful.:roll:

Our 4 get A&P. They get the very accurate measure of 'about-a-small-handful' a day between the bunch. :lol:

We have 14 rabbits and we feed them on Burgess Excel Adult rabbit and some are on Junior and Dwarf and the oldies have Burgess Mature Cranberry & Ginsing, but very little. They have more hay and fresh greens. :)

I fed mine on Excel and they loved it - but they are now on SS and are doing really well. Lucy is a bit porky but I think thats me giving her treats x x

Science Selective Mature - one heaped tablespoon between two rabbits once daily. They mainly have hay and veggies.

I mix mine coz i'm mad! They are currently on a mix of (no kidding): SS adult, SS mature, excel light (old one AND new one) excel mature and a teeny tiny bit of russel rabbit coz i can't bring myself to cut it out completely :oops:
They get an eggcupful of the mix each, daily :)

I have 15 and they are all on Excel for adults the new one. I get mine from P@H and at the moment they have an offer on for it. A bag of Excel and you get a bag of Excel hay with dandalions in and a packed of excel nautral treats with mint/dandilion in for free so i saved nearly £6.

My 2 are on SS and get probably an egg cup full each. Sometimes during the day I might give them an extra pellet or 2 each.

I have been feeding mine excel for young and dwarf rabbits as this is what the lady i got her from was feeding her. I just tend to tip some in the bowl about half full and let her eat what she wants...should i be measuring it? she doesn't usually eat all i give her.

If I were you I would cut down a bit as its probably a bit too much if she isn't eating it all. Mine are on Wagg optimum and are having 2 handfuls twice a day between them, with them mainly eating hay and then their night time greens. Does excel give you a feeding guide on the bag? Wagg does, not that I use it, as Jess is on a diet!

Back