• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Jazz is a bag of bones :(.. U/D Confirmed EC/back to vets

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
You can feel all his bones and his spine is bumpy :( I have almost trippled his food. :cry: His face was starting to look better too, but since he has come off the meds its starting to look worse. he is back to the vets 9am monday and I will ask for bloods to be done but it takes t least 3 days to get the results :cry: I have a feeling this is the begining of the end for my special boy :cry::cry:

Last edited:
I am so sorry :cry: Hold on in there for him, i'm sure you're doing all you can!! Best of luck on monday xxxx

He could be losing weight as he is not digesting his food properly (teeth related?). Best to get some blood tests done though.

I hope he will be OK, sending him lots of vibes.

Have you tried some 'porridge'? Porridge oats mixed with water (not readybreak mix). It's good for putting weight on and easy for buns with teeth issues to eat :)

Barley rings?

What about barley rings, which are used for "putting weight on" horses? For rabbits you're only supposed to give one or two as an occasional treat as they're very calorific, so perhaps a couple could be added to the porridge oats to boost the calorie intake. For dental buns they could be soaked and softened.

He is so special to me, I don't know what I will do without him :cry::cry:

dont even think about that. i thought the same about peanut. he had a 1/6 chance and he made it because some bunny has to be that 1.

Jazz is poorly yes, but as long as you stay strong you can do the best you can for him.

:)

I'm so sorry Jazz is not well. Please don't blame yourself. Maybe you should try feeding him barley rings. My bunnies love them. Good luck at the vets on Monday.

Back