• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

friend for bunny question

beki

Mama Doe
I plan on getting a friend for my ruby, i will be after a male and i am considering a rescue bunny as i have seen all of the bunnys in need posts and would like one. Ruby is an only one and I am worried about her getting lonely as she lives outside. I can't have an indoor bunny because of my cats. The do seem to like her but i can't leave them alone togehter when I am at work.

Anyway, ruby is just about 12 weeks and I will be getting her spayed. The vets said at about 5 months. So if i was to consider another rabbit at when she was say 6 months would this work?

I would need to increase my set up for 2 rabbits, she has a fairly big hutch i think, 4 and a half feet long, about 2 and a half high and about 2 and a half deep, double layer, but she doesn't have an attached run, but i will change that as soon as i get the garden cleared and she can be on a bigger plot. I think by the time i am finished i should be able to do an approximately 6 foot by about 8 foot enclosure around the hutch (could be bigger once i have cleared the weeds). Would this be suitable for two?

Hi
So glad you are looking to give a home to a rescue bun!
If you have seen a bunny in the rabbits in need section that you like, pm the name in blue at the side of the thread (pm=private message, you can send a message directly to the person looking after the rabbit without it going on the forum)
If you tell them you are interested, they will help you with all the information you need for your new two-bun set up!

Back