• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Have you met my other sheep.

halfpenny

Wise Old Thumper
Here are some piccies of my other sheep.
Cleo, Jacob at the back, Sally, Sheba, Foula at the back, Mousa, Folly and Elsie behind, Badger is right at the front.
DSC00372.jpg

Badger,
DSC00368.jpg

Doris,
Doris2-1.jpg

Awwww bless them. This might be a daft question but what do you keep the sheep for are they pets?

Rabswood

Yes, everything kept here is mainly as pets, we do eat the eggs from the birds, but that's it.
We are waiting for some quail girls to come as companions for Charlie, but we will also enjoy the eggs, and at least here they will live their life out, even after they have stopped being productive.:D

I know you can't save every animal, but I have strong feelings about 'livestock' which has been kept as a pet entering the food chain. It just shouldn't happen.

:love::love: herdwick!!
sheep can live ages btw - into their teens!

Yes, Sally the herdwick is 10 and has no front teeth. I was very worried about her this winter as she got quite thin, but this spring she has been running around like a lamb, so she must feel well within herself. Elsie and Doris are also 10.

Awwwww wish i hadmore land i'd quite happily sell my house and live in a caravan in a field surrounded by lovely animals :love::love::love:

Back