• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit medicine textbooks

marleyandme

Mama Doe
Hi,

I know there have already been loads of threads about recommended textbooks on rabbit medicine, but I was wondering if anyone would be able to recommend one which has lots of detail about dental problems in rabbits. I have a dental bunny and would like to read up lots about it (aswell as other aspects of rabbit medicine).

Thanks Jane :)

I might start with FHB's one and work my way through the rest of the list. I absolutely love buying books!

my son got the 4th one down the list for his main xmas pressie it is a brilliant book expensive but really good

goofball6482od1.jpg

I recommend the blue 1

Thanks guys for all the recommendations :)

I ordered Rabbit Health in the 21st Century and it came a few days ago. I really like it, it's short and basic, but has lots of useful, easy to understand info. I particularly like the section on herbal treatments- I have bought a few different herb seeds and have started my own little windowsill herbal garden (hope they grow! :lol:).

It's a great stepping stone to the veterinary textbooks which I am going to buy next. I'm going to need a new bookcase! :)

Thanks guys for all the recommendations :)

I ordered Rabbit Health in the 21st Century and it came a few days ago. I really like it, it's short and basic, but has lots of useful, easy to understand info. I particularly like the section on herbal treatments- I have bought a few different herb seeds and have started my own little windowsill herbal garden (hope they grow! :lol:).

It's a great stepping stone to the veterinary textbooks which I am going to buy next. I'm going to need a new bookcase! :)

Here's hoping you dont get a visit from The Old Bill.......................:shock:

;)

I have the 'Textbook of Rabbit Medicine' by Francis Harcourt-Brown which is very good but quite expensive to buy but a good book to have as it cover's just about everything and has some wonderful diagrams that you don't always get in rabbit health books. It has an interesting and brilliant chapter on 'Dental disease' with diagram's and photos of rabbit head x-rays showing
different Grades of dental disease.

:lol::lol::lol:

At least I will have very chilled out rabbits! ;)

It will also give my Oh So Respectable neighbours a bit of a shock! :lol:

Tuckerbunnies- Thanks, the book looks amazing. It's next on my list :)

The FHB book is really good and comprehensive, but it is getting a little out of date now, it was published in 2002 so most of its content may well be based on research from the 1990s...of course a lot of it is still relevant but a lot has moved on since then too.

I've heard that FHB is working on an updated edition (does anyone know for sure?) so as it's so expensive you might be better off getting some of the newer ones and holding off until there is hopefully a new edition. :)

Back