• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Mini Lops

Hollie's Ark

Young Bun
Does anyone know if orange/fawn or sooty fawn mini lops have white fur underneath?

I went to look at some babies yesterday, and they seemed quite fluffy and were very white underneath when you part the fur. It’s a long time since I have had a baby rabbit and can’t remember Barney having white fur underneath or being that fluffy. Do you think it’s just because it’s young and that when it’s older the fur will thicken up and get less fluffy?

I don’t want a really fluffy rabbit that needs brushing everyday.

Thanks

Hollie

My sooty fawn doesn't have any white underneath. He is a little fluff ball and I spend loads of time grooming him.

I just checked Bubbles (she's an orange and white butterfly) and her orange bits are white at the roots. ;) She's also quite fluffy - defintiely fluffier than Alfie but she doesn't need any more grooming than he does.

I spoke to another rabbit breader today and she said it sounds like the ones I looked at possibly had a bit of Angora in them, as I could feel a few knots in it's fur.

This lady has smooth haired mini lops, which is what I guess Barney was and what Rosie is. Lovely soft silky fur but not fluffy. My rabbits have never had knots and they don't really need brushing, only for their enjoyment!

Have you tried rescue centres as they always have bunnies looking for a home and will have lovely mini lops in:D

All mine are mini lops and Fudge my orange and white doesnt have white underneath:) And they are all as fluffy as each other :love:

Yes I have tried all my local rescue centres, they had Rosie in for 3 weeks and the bond didn't go well, so she is home alone. There are no other single boys and none on the waiting list. Rosie was a rescue bun that I got a year ago and I would have prefered to have had a rescue bun, but there aren't any suitable ones right now.

Back