• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

can anyone tell what he is....

poppymoon

Wise Old Thumper
.... i can see eric has some nethie in him but i was wondering what (if) he may be crossed with something else. any ideas?

P1010374.jpg

My inexperienced eye just says Nethie too.

I guess if he is fully grown and he is the standard nethie size and weight I would say pure nethie, if he is any larger perhaps theres a little of something else.

I think he's lovely too.

I fell in love with one just like him in the pet shop last summer but I resisted for a day and when I went back he was gone:(

many many thanks to all of you!!!!

i thought he was a black otter nethie but he's nearly 5 months old now and although he's still tiny, his ears are almost 2 inches long and i'm not sure how long they may grow or at what age he'll be classed as 'full sized'. 2 days ago he weighed 1.09kg - another vet trip in half an hour (hopefully she'll discharge him - fingers xxxx for eric please!).

the reason i asked for everyone's opinion of breed/size was because although he has the run of the living room and kitchen all day, bedtime is in his cage which was purchased to fit the size of a nethie and i'd hate to think he was growing too big for it:oops: (i'd leave him out all night but OH put his foot down after the disappearance of another xbox cable which i was sure was out of eric's reach.......).

anyhoo, he really is the most gorgeous little man (to me anyway!!):love::love: but i don't want him to be cramped overnight (worry too much don't i:()

x

My inexperienced eye just says Nethie too.

I guess if he is fully grown and he is the standard nethie size and weight I would say pure nethie, if he is any larger perhaps theres a little of something else.

I think he's lovely too.

I fell in love with one just like him in the pet shop last summer but I resisted for a day and when I went back he was gone:(

sorry the bun missed out on having you as his mummy:(

He looks like a Nethie to me. If you feel his cage is getting too small for him, you could always buy a big dog crate and make it bunny friendly, there are lots of good examples on the forum. :) Crates are higher than cages, so you can add a ramp and second level, and they are cheaper than cages, too.

He looks like a Nethie to me. If you feel his cage is getting too small for him, you could always buy a big dog crate and make it bunny friendly, there are lots of good examples on the forum. :) Crates are higher than cages, so you can add a ramp and second level, and they are cheaper than cages, too.

thank you:) browsing crates now - as well as trying to sort out my new addition's accommodation:roll:

thank you:) browsing crates now - as well as trying to sort out my new addition's accommodation:roll:

Yup, I have a massive one for Soph. I can try and hunt out the site I used if you want it :) I got a 48 inch one I think for £60 (You obviously won't need one that size :lol:)

Yup, I have a massive one for Soph. I can try and hunt out the site I used if you want it :) I got a 48 inch one I think for £60 (You obviously won't need one that size :lol:)

yes please - looked at so many sites already my brain's addled:roll: hehehe - eric in a 4ft dog crate-he'd get lost! sophie a big bun then?

x

cheers m'dear - great value!:D

hehehe - i keep meaning to get one o them 'round tuit' things too:lol:

They are really good :) I had Sophie's from there and the same one for Dooley :) They deliver good. I got a really small one for the car for dooley from a certain pet store and it was £50 :roll: But I was being impatient and wanted it there and then :lol: :oops:

He looks a little bigger than my nethie but I agree he sounds like a pure nethie :D :D YAY i :love::love: nethies and Eric is gorgeous ;)

He looks a little bigger than my nethie but I agree he sounds like a pure nethie :D :D YAY i :love::love: nethies and Eric is gorgeous ;)

he was still the same weight at the vet's this morning (1.09kg) so i reckon he's going to be quite small. can i see a pic of your nethie please please please? they always seem to have a look of mischief about them:lol: makes them even more adorable to me:D

he was still the same weight at the vet's this morning (1.09kg) so i reckon he's going to be quite small. can i see a pic of your nethie please please please? they always seem to have a look of mischief about them:lol: makes them even more adorable to me:D

Spice is about 0.75kg (using my kitchen scales :lol:) which means shes gone up 0.1kg since she was last at the vets in January :D I don't think she's gonna get any bigger but she's still a tiny nethie :shock: :lol:

DSC01237.jpg
DSC01603.jpg
spoice.jpg

There will be loads more pictures here: http://s379.photobucket.com/albums/oo231/Sam_Spice/

My other bun Ozzie is a nethie (but don't think he's pure) he was 1.2kg when last weighed at the vets not weighed him for ages :oops:. He has less of the nethie round face and alot more ear hehe :lol:

Back