• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Poos Too Big?

sidereus7

Mama Doe
This may sound really strange, but is it a problem if a rabbit's poos are getting bigger? I've noticed that Milo's poos have been getting darker and a lot larger lately. They've gone from the size of a regular blueberry to a large blueberry, if I had to make a comparison.

Any ideas or am I just weird?

(Note: Diet has not really changed for this 4 month old (1/2 cup pellets per day, unlimited hay), except for the addition of romaine lettuce. But that's been a very gradual addition over the past month. Appetite is good, and water consumption is normal. Thanks!)

is he casting? their poos get darker as their casting. it is good though that the poos are big as long as he's doing them. poor ted has been doing tiny ones at the moment although she's eating plenty of hay but any poo is better than no poo.

is he casting? their poos get darker as their casting. it is good though that the poos are big as long as he's doing them. poor ted has been doing tiny ones at the moment although she's eating plenty of hay but any poo is better than no poo.

I hate to be dense, but what is casting? :oops:

what does casting mean??? as gizmo does huge poos now too .... is it a problem ? i only ever check for small or runny poos never thought large ones were a problem :?

I read on the net, a few days ago that is it good for rabbits to make big poos - something to do with their Digestive Sytem

:lol:

:lol::lol: just wondering the same thing :lol::lol:

I normally try to look these things up on the internet, so I don't have to ask questions for something possibly obvious, but when you look up "casting rabbits" on Google, the results aren't exactly what I wanted. :shock:

Dirty internet! :lol:

their losing their winter fur at the moment so their casting it away lol :lol: i would just keep an eye on him that he's pooing regularly.

lol yes the larger the poos the better and the more golden they are you should count yourself a proud bunny mum as their eating plenty of hay. :D

I would generally say the bigger the better however..... we lost a bunny cas to a slowdown (not complete stasis) in her gut and bloat. I did notice that when she first arrived, 1 day before she went into stasis that her poo was absolutely enourmous. Normal sized rabbit, poo about 1 inch long and oval, very pale, very dry and crumbly even when fresh. I now know that this was probably an indication that her gut was slowing down and the contents drying out which led to blockage and bloat...at the time I thought Ohh massive poo's good!

I'd say that probably she's just eating a bit more hay than normal but you might want to give her a bit of fresh pineapple and make sure she is well hydrated just in case.

Back