• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Michael

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Cos he's :love: :love:

005-2.jpg

who could do that to a rabbit!!!!!!!!!! it makes me so :evil::evil::evil:

glad you have this one now and can give her a loving home well done :love:

who could do that to a rabbit!!!!!!!!!! it makes me so :evil::evil::evil:

glad you have this one now and can give her a loving home well done :love:

Sadly I dont have her :cry:
The Police said I had to return her to her 'owner'. I refused but agreed to allow the RSPCA to take her into their care. They were already investigating the Breeder for cruelty. The Breeder was only 6 months out of a 5 year ban on keeping animals :evil: The ban was for allowing 2 ponies to starve to death :cry::cry:

Michael is a stunner, one of my favourites of yours Jane, he looks so placid :love:.

My heart breaks whenever I see Alysia :cry:.

Sadly I dont have her :cry:
The Police said I had to return her to her 'owner'. I refused but agreed to allow the RSPCA to take her into their care. They were already investigating the Breeder for cruelty. The Breeder was only 6 months out of a 5 year ban on keeping animals :evil: The ban was for allowing 2 ponies to starve to death :cry::cry:

Well at least you got her away from the sicko!!! hopefully the RSPCA will work with the police to stop that :censored: ever keeping animals again
I think it is wrong that you should get in trouble for helping this poor animal. If it was a child being battered you would get praised for getting the child out of such a terrible situation.... i really hate how people get away with animal crulty. I would have done the same as you..... only thing is i may have been done for ABH too :evil:

O honey...how could they have taken her away from you..hugs! What happened to Alysia? Was she rehomed?

Grrr:censored::censored: to the evil breeder, is he keeping animals again? *vibes for the poor bunnies and ponies*

ETA Sorry Michael you are stunning *nose rubs*

OMG! How on earth did the poor bun get like that? That picture has actually made me cry :(

Well done for stealing her. Both she and Michael are gorgeous! :love:

O honey...how could they have taken her away from you..hugs! What happened to Alysia? Was she rehomed?

Grrr:censored::censored: to the evil breeder, is he keeping animals again? *vibes for the poor bunnies and ponies*

ETA Sorry Michael you are stunning *nose rubs*

It was a long story but basically the breeder said she would drop the theft allegation if I 'left the Rex in a box on her doorstep'
She did not want the other 3 Rabbits back, just Alysia because she was pregnant and the breeder thought she could make a bit of money out of her.........

Obviously I could not return a Rabbit to some who had caused her such neglect and suffering :cry: But neither could I risk further detention in Police Custody because my other Rabbits needed me to care for them.
I knew the RSPCA were investigating the Breeder so I thought the 'least worst' option was to hand her over to them in the hope that they would keep her safe.......

In one way I was wrong to remove the Rabbits from the Breeder. I did not know it at the time but the RSPCA were due to serve a warrant on her and close her down. But they could not do so because I removed some 'evidence'.
There were several other sources of 'evidence' that I had had to leave behind though.............
The RSPCA were not able to tip me off re the warrant due to Data Protection Laws.

By removing the four sick/injured Rabbits I actually probably made the situation worse as the Breeder could carry on doing the same thing and all the RSPCA could do was continue monitoring things.
But I could not just walk away from such a dire situation. In the eyes of the Law I was wrong, but IMO I had no other choice at the time. I had called the RSPCA on 3 seperate occassions. They went in but did not remove any of the injured Rabbits. They just served an order re getting the Rabbits seen by a Vet within 7 days..............................

I think of Alysia most days. I have no idea what became of her. The RSPCA would not tell me or my Vet (who was treating Alysia and another of the injured Rabbits)

:cry:

OMG! How on earth did the poor bun get like that? That picture has actually made me cry :(

Well done for stealing her. Both she and Michael are gorgeous! :love:

My Vet said Alysia had 'chemical burns'.............:cry:
We think the breeder used some potion on a bite wound and Alysia reacted badly to it :cry:

Last edited:
I thought the RSPCA had new laws to just take an animal even if it was suspected of being in any danger ? I done understand them at all :censored: . I shouldn't be admiting this on an open forum but i have been out helping to pick up a rabbit too but i needed bolt cutters ;) . If she had been left the maggots would have eaten her alive :censored:

Michael is just :love::love::love:
Another gorgeous rex i presume :love:

Poor Alysia :cry: I hope she is somewhere safe and warm and free from harm xxx

I thought the RSPCA had new laws to just take an animal even if it was suspected of being in any danger ? I done understand them at all :censored: . I shouldn't be admiting this on an open forum but i have been out helping to pick up a rabbit too but i needed bolt cutters ;) . If she had been left the maggots would have eaten her alive :censored:

I am certainly not advocating anyone take the law into their own hands.
I acted from the heart not the head and as it turned out I probably did more harm than good :cry:

When did you rescue Aylisa? Surely someone must know what happened to her? I guess they were worried you'd bunny nap her again and to be honest I wouldn't blame you.

Btw don't worry about the rspca situation you did what you thought was best at the time and gave those bunnies a taste of the care they deserved. Whatever happens they will remember that I'm sure. You were not to know that the breeder was under survalience and just goes to show how twisted some protection laws are...its similar for children as well:(

Kudos for you for sticking your ground though.

*bunny hugs*

He is a handsome boy!

I would have done the same as you in stealing them - you were not to know that the RSPCA were actually going to do something - as they have a rep for being very slow to take action...

I too have bent the long arm of the law in the name of giving rabbit's a better life.. the key is a good get away driver :shock::D Not stolen, but lost and found. But claimed... or not... anyway... it's something that has to be done - like you say Jane - heart ruling head moment :)

Back