• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

woopsies!

sam and nala

Alpha Buck
nala has chewed a big chuck out of my mams new wooden french doors :shock:

hehe she is gonna kill me...............is there anything i can do to prevent her from eating doors again

sprays or something?

:wave:

a big loud clap everytime she show a hint of about to chew it and give her something else to chew on instead. naughty bunny. :lol:

I have tried everything. Clapping, spraying with various things (vinegar, bitter apple), and encouraging them to chew other things. Nothing has worked. I have read that while chew toys are good for dogs, it is actually meant replace a prey animal! :shock:

For bunnies, they want to chew on something solid, like a tree or roots in the ground. It's better to give them something solid. I've thought about fashioning my bunnies a "chew post" instead of a "scratch post". Just a big block of wood, fastened to one of the walls in the cage with zip ties or something. That might be a bit more appealing, but I haven't tried it yet!

And I would get a marker and color in where the door was chewed... maybe mom won't notice! :D:lol:

Someone on here mentioned Olbas oil smeared on - it really does work. Unlike the commercial chew-stop sprays I've tried.

hehe thanks all..................i blamed the dog haha

i said she was scratching at the door to get in :lol:

my mam belived me and didnt yell at the dog cos well butted wouldnt melt hahaha

me and nala are smart u see! hehe but i will try olbas oil as i have some in the house haha

Back