• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

why why why

kate_s

Warren Scout
does Reggie keep weeing in naughty places? He's an 18 month old house bun who was castrated about 20 weeks ago. He is litter trained and always uses his litter tray in fact i'd go as far as to say he is perfect during the day. The problem is of a night time he always comes to bed with us (he is spoilt and has his own bedroom)he'll potter about during the night between our room his room and the landing.
The last couple of weeks we have woken to find naughty wee's and poo's from the bottom of our bed :oops: to the laundry basket and the spare bedroom. The thing i i just don't understand he has a litter tray in his room but doesn't seem fussed on using it, i swapped the downstairs one for upsatirs one thinking it was a scent thing still no joy!! Any suggestions its costing me a fortune in pillows etc :?Thanks

the only thing i can suggest is place litter trays everywhere and in every room. sorry hope someone else can offer better advice. naughty bun though, he's just senting every where.

Beds and sofas tend to be issue points for even well behaved bunnies. I would guess because they have a strong scent (to a bunny) as people spend a lot of time sitting/lying on them. I imagine the clothes hamper is the same issue.

I would agree, increase litter trays , particularly in the places he's going to he can add his own scent in a controlled way. You might want to go for a chair with a litter tray on at the end of the bed if it's the one your sleeping in.

If you can get him to use the trays you can then work on moving them to move appropriate places/reducing the number again.

Snowdrop will wee on anything soft- if I put fleeces in their cage she wees on them, she will go on carpet and the rugs but never on a hard floor!

Thanks guys extra litter trays on the way waking up with a cold wet leg is not nice i nearly blamed the OH :lol::lol: I do think it is the material then again i have him his own pillow and no wee!

ted used to wet the bed, then i put a blanket down but she still did it, then i put a litter tray on the bed and she's never went since not even in the litter tray and then slowly took the litter tray away and placed it in the hallway where they all go to pee. good luck hope you get it sorted.

Back