• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Could the bunnies become distant with me?

Zara

Mama Doe
My two rabbits are very social, especially Firefly. Usually after spending the majority of the day outside in the run the rabbits would come inside to have fun in "their" kitchen and use me as their petting slave for a couple of hours xD in fact, both buns treat me like a third rabbit, sitting next to me, grooming me, leaping around with me (they get upset if I don't binky with them :roll: I got thumped at so much when I was too ill to join in) and demanding nose rubs.

Well recently I've had a lot of work on at college, and although the rabbits still get hours of playtime outside I have hardly been able to have them inside with me for a few weeks now, maybe twice a week only. Although the rabbits still demand nose-rubs from me whenever I go out to check on them/feed them/etc I'm worried the lack of contact will cause then to distance themselves from me as they get used to just each others company. am I over-reacting or are they not getting enough time with me?

Sorry if I sound daft.

Im sorry i dont have any advice really, just didnt want you to feel ignored:)
I read in another thread that buns have no short term memory and so they only remember they dont like something if they eat it again etc, so if thats the case they will remember how close you were when you start doing the old things again.
But i could be wrong. Sorry not much help:(

Thanks, and I suppose I asked an unfair question really since all rabbits are different. i just get very insecure at times and worry that i'm not doing my best to keep the rabbits happy

My bunnys get quite huffy if ive not been giving them full attention :lol: i usally get shunned and they wont let me fuss them but they come around as soon as they see me armed with veggies or pellets! :D

When I go to college i have to stay for 2 weeks at a time. When I come home my bunnies are grumpy with me for the first night but soon come around. I am sure they enjoy the time with you and always will as long as you spend time with them a few days a week. Mine are in the living room with me every night for hours so i think they feel a bit neglected when I leave and they wonder what is going on!

yeah they do tend to get huffy with you if you don't spend time with them. i'm usually out on a tuesday night and ted will have fallen out with me, a good cuddle though and a kiss and she's good to go.

:lol: Well Firefly especially gets huffy with me if I'm doing coursework for ten minutes whilst I'm in the room with him (I hear a loud thump behind me and turn around to see a sulking rabbit behind my chair) so they're not gonna like me spending hours on my final artwork for college. I think they'll forgive me if I return to them with raisins. My buns will do anything for a juicy raisin :roll:

Back