• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

NIC Cages

LolasMummy

Mama Doe
Hi,

We are trying to sort Lola and Desmonds cages out (at the moment have an out door run and a dog cage for them indooors, but is a pain as have to carry the run outside for them each day).

Anyway we are thinking of the NIC cages but would love some pics of peoples cages for ideas?

I have searched on the forum for pics but could only find one pic!!

Thanks xx

I have a nic cube condo, but it is awaiting a base and rearrangement :lol:
If you google it there are loads of pics tho!
I could do with some ideas for a base with a lip round...any ideas wlecome too!

Mine have one! This is it before bunnies, toys hay baskets litter trays etc. It no longer has a door as they are free range and has an extended third floor with vet bed. I should just get an updated piccy!

BunnyPalace.jpg

Mine have one! This is it before bunnies, toys hay baskets litter trays etc. It no longer has a door as they are free range and has an extended third floor with vet bed. I should just get an updated piccy!

BunnyPalace.jpg

wow! i'm thinking of extending eric's cage for night time with these cubes (he's free range all day but has to go to bed at night and i hate that!) but i cannot get the nic cubes anywhere - any suggestions please?

x

BunnyPalace.jpg

Thats fantastic!! I like the mutli levels!! Lucky buns!!

are these suitable for giants? just multi level sounds cool but will it hold giants weights? as i would like to invest in some

where do you get them from also:wave:

this is my set up. i got them from b&q aswell.

Photo-0263-1.jpg

Photo-0268-1.jpg

Photo-0272-1.jpg

Photo-0260-1.jpg

Photo-0262-1.jpg

the pics are all from quite far away but you get the general idea! :)

ours is held together with the connectors but they aren't very strong, we are gonna find another way - possibly 5000 cable ties to hold together then use wood above and below the metal as supports on multi levels. My b&q has them in (doncaster)

Last edited:
Hi, great cage ideas! What's the exact name so I can google? Every time I type in NIC cages, photos/info on Nicolas Cage the actor come up lol!!! Or where can I buy them from!???

Hi, great cage ideas! What's the exact name so I can google? Every time I type in NIC cages, photos/info on Nicolas Cage the actor come up lol!!! Or where can I buy them from!???

If you search for mesh storage cubes on ebay or amazon that tends to throw up some useful results :)

Here is my setup. It is a 4x2 NIC cage attached to a dog crate. I got my cubes about 6 years ago from b&q when I had piggies but b&q has stopped stocking them (in Ireland anyway).

2013-10-29091816_zps0ba98146.jpg

2013-10-29074530_zps8978f795.jpg

2013-10-28155749_zps47e779a7.jpg

Goodluck making your cage. NIC cages are fun to work with. There are so many things you can do with them and levels are easy to work with :)

Back