• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Should I try to rebond

Should I rebond?

• Attempt to Rebond

Votes: 8 100.0%
  • Leave them as they are

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get Wesley a friend and move him outside

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

hurricanhoney

Wise Old Thumper
Honey and Wesley were bonded by a rescue for 5 days and then had a falling out. I attempted to rebond them over Christmas but they ended up having a fight and Wesley had a bit of ear torn which is all healed now. In January Wesley developed headtilt but has now recovered. They live side by side separated happily at the moment. Wesley loves Honey but Honey sometimes likes him and then other times doesn't.

Please vote whether I should try one more time in my spare room to bond them. I have bought a hexagon playpen which was going to be used as a run.

I think you should rebond on completely neutral territory, somewhere they have never been. Could you get someone to do it for you? maybe your nervous vibes are getting in the way? which is understandable. I definately thought mine would!! but now I have done 3 pairs and on to my foursome now, I am getting the hang of it.

Have you tried the car ride or in the bath??

I won't put them together in a carrier again as she went for him last time. I don't know whether she sensed the start of his illness though. :? I can't use the bathroom as that is where I tried before the only place is my spare room.

Is there anywhere you could send them away to be bonded? :) I was in the same situation as you, and i just could let go, i think the bunnies sense how stressed you are.

If not, maybe have a 2nd pair of hands and just sit back. It would be nice to see them bonded :D They would be such a cute couple :love: xXx

ETA: Just seen the 3rd option ;) If the bonding doesnt work this time, then get little Wesley a friend :) This is like deja vu for me!! :lol: xXx

I vote have another go at bonding the furry rascals. :)

I'm currently rebonding Herbie & Sugar. Their initial bond went brilliantly, but after 2 weeks of living happily together it all went pear shaped one night, leaving Herbie with very badly bitten ears. :( I'm doing it very slowly now and I am starting to see progress.

Back