• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Weight loss

Jazzy B Bunny

Wise Old Thumper
How fast do rabbits lose weight?
Jazz went to the vets on monday and had lost weight, I have now upped his pellets but when I stroke him his spine sort of 'bumps' he is due to go back to vets to weigh again on the 26th and do blood tests if nessisary... do you think thats too long to leave it?

How fast do rabbits lose weight?
Jazz went to the vets on monday and had lost weight, I have now upped his pellets but when I stroke him his spine sort of 'bumps' he is due to go back to vets to weigh again on the 26th and do blood tests if nessisary... do you think thats too long to leave it?

I would be weighing him every other day for a week. If he continues to loose weight I'd want more diagnostics done next week.

I have one Bun (Bernie) who suddenly went very skinny (1.32kg)
She is an elderly Dental Bun with a chronic middle ear disease so her immune system is under constant duress. I upped her pellets this week and in 3 days she has gone up to 1.55kg. Had she of lost more weight or failed to gain within 7 days she'd be back at the Vets.

I agree - Alfie lost a serious amount of weight in days. I now weigh all my buns weekly, but Alfie gets fed separately so I can monitor what he has & I weigh him every 2 days

Mopsys weight went up and down :? so I had to take her back to the vets to just check her weight.

I would still have a blood test done, as there may have been a cause :)

And hugs to him too :D

Back