• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

recommend a large run for me please...

angeleyes

Warren Veteran
Where have you all got your runs from? I have been on loads of sites and ebay but none of them tick all the boxes :? I found a 9ft long one but it was only 19 in high and even my smaller buns can stretch higher than that not to mention Lolly binkies to nearly 4ft :shock:

I got mine from Albany Pet, who used to advertise on Ebay, they do have a website, although the one I got is not advertised, maybe you could contact them and ask what they could supply. mine is 5ftx6ftx29inches and is fab.

I also got one for the grass from zooplus

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/35638

I had the small one, which was good, but now I have two of the big ones to go around my garden so they can semi free range, when I have time to supervise, or to put together as two, if I don't have as much time to keep an eye on them

I got mine from Albany Pet, who used to advertise on Ebay, they do have a website, although the one I got is not advertised, maybe you could contact them and ask what they could supply. mine is 5ftx6ftx29inches and is fab.

I also got one for the grass from zooplus

http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/rodents/cages/pens_fencing/pens_with_racks/35638

I had the small one, which was good, but now I have two of the big ones to go around my garden so they can semi free range, when I have time to supervise, or to put together as two, if I don't have as much time to keep an eye on them

Thanks i have just googled them but they seem to have stopped trading.

I thought about getting 2 of those metal ones and putting them together but want something more secure so i can go in and out of the house while they are out in it :?

I was looking for an easy way out but it looks like i might have to build one!

Yeah! Build one!

Wickes timber is about £10 for 8 x 8ft lengths. Already pressure treated, then just get your u shaped nails and several rolls of weld mesh and some fixings and you are away!

Ours is about 20ft long when I use all the panels and 3.3ft tall. In our case Katie it's only for supervised play time as I haven't made a lid (as it changes in shape dependent on how many panels we use in it) but you could very easily make a lid and secure it with hasp and staples.

or you could look for avairy panels, which is less hassle, and all you have to do is fix them together you can get 6ftx3ft so you could have a 6ftx6ftx3ft run

I made my first run by constructing aviary type panels. I then purchased the aviary panels for my second run.

I made a run using my daughters cot bed sides and put mesh around. There are lots of different things to use, just be inventive and as long as its safe bun will love it :D

Sent an email last night enquiring about the 9ftx6ftx6ft run. And just had a phone call from a lovely woman, sounds great 190 pounds delivered at the minute. It is thinner battoning (1in by 2in) than the more expensive, same size one on their site. and they can deliver within a week. Courier with phone before hand to arrange a convenient time.

ETA Just looked on the website and the cheaper one is 125 to begin with:roll:

Last edited:
Sent an email last night enquiring about the 9ftx6ftx6ft run. And just had a phone call from a lovely woman, sounds great 190 pounds delivered at the minute. It is thinner battoning (1in by 2in) than the more expensive, same size one on their site. and they can deliver within a week. Courier with phone before hand to arrange a convenient time.

ETA Just looked on the website and the cheaper one is 125 to begin with:roll:

Still a great price. I paid about the same for a 6ft cube delivered and it was quite thin wood.

My Husband made 2 of these they are 8ft x 8ft and he put a door in them. He just bought 8ft lenghts of 2''x1'' of planed wood from B&Q and a roll of
1 inch square galvanised wire. He eventually is making tops for them.

04042009145.jpg

I'll join the campaign :lol:

Dawsons have quoted me £200 for an 8ft x 8ft x3.5ft run plus £35 delivery. May well go for that as my DIY skills are non existent!

Just out of interest Abbie, my friend has just bought a run from Dawsons - 8ft x 10ft x 2ft which was £130 plus £30 delivery - it might be worth telling him this to see if he can reduce his price ;) As your sizes don't seem that much different to me :? It is fab BTW :D

never used them myself, but were recommended on another rabbit site. You could put 4 of them on their sides as they are 3ftx6ft, plenty of room for bunny to periscope, you could use two more on the top to make it secure and join them together with hinges.

Back