• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

What should I put in the carry case?

Benjamin09

Young Bun
I'm getting my rabbit next week - but I was just wondering what sort of things I should put in the carry case?

I'm guessing bedding would move around as it has a plastic base, so would newspaper be ok, or just as bad?

Should I put any food in for him or just hay? And would he need a water bottle?

It'll be about 30-45min journey (depends on traffic) so should we stop half way for him to drink if we dont attach the bottle - or would he be ok all the way?

I usually line mine with newspaper then put a fleece blanket or old towel in so that it soaks up any wee if they decide to go and stops them sitting/splashing about in it. It also makes it a bit comfier.

I would do the same as the person above has mentioned, although I tend to throw a handfull of hay in just for good measure.

A water bottle would just drip from the motion of the car I guess, 45 minutes isn't too long in the car at all, try not to worry :D

Good luck with your new bunny.

Hannah

i just put in newspaper and hay... wouldnt bother with the water bottle, neither of my pair will drink when in the car, even after a few hours :shock:

really important you have a camera so you can post loads of pics of your new angel :D:D

Certainly will post some piccies!

I dont know how I'm going to wait a week and 2 more sleeps!

The empty hutch/run in the garden is a real tease :roll:

I put in newspaper and hay

I wouldn't recommend a water bottle, I put one on my carrier when I took my two buns on a long journey. It leaked and by the time we got there, they were both completely drenched :shock:

I use a small piece of carpet in mine as its easy for the buns to grip and doesnt slide like a towel or blanket. I also give them hay to hide in. :)

Newspaper and hay for mine. That journey is far too short to bother with a water bottle.

1 tip I would have for getting them into their carriers for vet trips etc. is to not feed them anything but grass and hay before you go but put in a but of cabbage or brocolli near the back of the carrier. They will go in to retrieve it. Once in close the door behind them. It's much less stressful than catching them and bundling them in especially if you have 1 like 1 of mine who will do anything not to be touched.

Good luck with the new bun. :wave:

Back