• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help, im soooo worried

Benjybunnyboo

Alpha Buck
My friend recently got a bun from P@H. The other day i went to see her and nearly died. My Benjy is small, but he has room to stretch, etc and toys. My friends Bun, Thumper is huge and im soo sorry to say but he is in a guinea hutch, actually, i wouldnt put a guinea in there. He takes up all living space and doesnt have toys, or a run, although they let him out, its not good enough. Im upset writing this. I told her it was illegal and that she could be fined. I told her there are cheap hutches around, but i know she doesnt have alot of money. Why get a Bun, my sentaments exactly. Its because i did. I know she is my friend but im thinking of anonymously calling RSPCA, this rabbit is so lovely. Oh wot do i do. I cant have him, as im getting another rescue on Sat and O/H stipulates NO MORE BUNS and doubt my friend would give him up anyway. Im angry,upset,worried, help:cry::censored::evil:

If it's just the hutch which is a problem, how about putting a request on for example freecycle to see whether anyone has a large hutch going spare?

Vera

I agree that you should look on freecycle, but maybe you could also suggest helping your friend to build one? The raw materials are pretty cheap, and you could suggest it as a fun thing to do. They might be more receptive to a joint activity. :)

It's tough when it's your friends, but just try and explain the things that could happen to a rabbit from living in such a confined space. Hopefully, a friend would listen at least a little. :?

I would suggest Freecycle too. If you don't ask you don't get. I've got some brilliant stuff from there.

Thank you, i have tried twice to join my freecycle group and havnt heard anything, but i will keep trying. I was actually thinking about buying her a larger cage, or as some of you have suggested, helping her build one. Thankyou for listening and offering advice, i needed a rant.:)

Back