• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Rabbit boarding

bluebunny

Wise Old Thumper
Would u be happy leaving your rabbits somewhere where they wouldnt get to get out of there hutch for a week(no secure run)

Not really no...as Oscar is used to having lot of space....
although if we do go away he will most likely go to my mom's so wont have as much room - however we would still take his smaller separate 4ftx4ft run.
If I was paying for boarding I would only pay for him to go somewhere with runs.

No way, mine get impatient if I leave them in their shed and run too long without free ranging time.

I think it would depend on whether i trusted the people looking after them or not. If i trusted somone 100% with my buns but knew they would be stuck inside for a week i would go with that rather than find someone i didn't trust 100% who had runs.

I would rather that and they were clean and safe
than use a boarding facility which uses grass runs..however secure..for the visitors..as you would not know what your rabbits may pick up from previous boarders

The hutches should be a decent size though

Well mine are used to a shed at night and being in a 7ft x4ft run during the day,I enquired about boarding they would be in a 5ft hutch i dont think they would like it:( I wouldnt want them going in runs on grass as they dont have grass here anyway

Difficult one, but its only for a week. If there is a responsible person to keep an eye on them then I would probably do it. My main concern while away is if a bunny gets ill and its not spotted.

Sorry don't know any either, when are you away? Do you have a friend who could help?

My friend who looked after them last year is having a baby in 3 weeks so cant help this year,two of my friends are looking after Miffy and Vinnie and the boy pigs so its just the others

If it is only for a week, and the person has a lot of experience with rabbits, then I'd probably prefer that to someone coming to my place and checking on the bunnies once a day only. It would depend on the overall impression, how clean the hutches are, how big, if there's enough hay, etc..

Back