• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

I'm at a loss for words...look at this...

It is for urinary and bowel incontinence - a medical problem diagnosed by the vet. You need to be entirely sure the reasons for incontinence and seek treatment if there are conditions for which treatment in possible - but in some cases incontinence is just incontinence. I have a dog incontinence nappy for my elderley ***** and it had made a big difference to her life, in that she doesn't have to be kept on the hard floors and can spend time round the house without me worrying.

It makes sense.
I'd rather any of mine wore this than making a mess round the kennel and being unclean in themselves!

It makes sense.
I'd rather any of mine wore this than making a mess round the kennel and being unclean in themselves!

I disagree. If using something like that for a medical problem where it is absolutely necessary for their health then yes, maybe, but incontinence is no reason. It is unnatural and musn't be very comfortable. My buns would HATE it. I would just have to make more of an effort to clean up after them.

I was wondering if the rabbit is genuinely happy with a good quality of life wearing such a thing... it can't be comfortable for them.. it's more for the owner than the buns well being imo

I believe its a no for the asparagus.

I read that it was ok????

Ref the nappy, I just don't see how it is practical for a bunny - it would be full within minutes :shock: I wouldn't want to carry the contents on my bunnies litter tray round in my pants for even a minute!!

I was wondering if the rabbit is genuinely happy with a good quality of life wearing such a thing... it can't be comfortable for them.. it's more for the owner than the buns well being imo

Not if it stops things like urine scald, which can be very painful for the bun

I was thinking how can they eat their cecals - surely the bunnies bum is caked with them from wearing this? Or do the poops come out and it's just for pee.. no it can't be - they (the exits) are right next to eachother.. so they can't eat cecal pellets then.. :?

wow, i think I would have used this for an elderly bunny I had in the past. I had to change his blankets twice or more a day to keep him comfortable.

Not if it stops things like urine scald, which can be very painful for the bun

Hmmm True - but does it stop it? And I am still wondering about how a bun can eat it's cecal pellets which it needs.. they MUST be plastered all over it's bum so I think I would stick with bathing the bun.. as if it needs to be bathed anway after wearing this contraption, it's one less stress just cutting straight to the cleaning / maintenance of the area - without the use of a nappy.

The cecals is a very valid point, and surely bunny would end up with a soggy bottom, at least if he can expell it is away from his body?

There was a bunny on here that Hugo's there had that required this and it made such a difference.

I had the privilege of meeting this beautiful boy and I can assure you that he was in no way upset, in discomfort, stressed or miserable about it - he was a very happy boy for whom the nappy (which he didn't wear all the time - only when he was out exercising - meaning he could eat his caecals perfectly well as bunnies really only produce a batch of caecals once or twice a day) provided a way of allowing him to exercise in comfort and preventing him from covering himself in mess, preventing urine scald and the need for lots of bathing to clean him up again. He could happily run up and down the stairs, it didn't hinder him in any way. Most bunnies can 'hold on' to go to the loo and don't poop constantly anyway, and nappies are designed to absorb liquid away from the skin, so it's not holding stuff against the skin. Bunnies for whom nappies are an option are most likely those where they can't expel away from the skin for whatever reason.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's right for every bun and shouldn't be seen as a lazy option, but in the right circumstances I have seen that it can be very beneficial :)

Last edited:
I had the privilege of meeting this beautiful boy and I can assure you that he was in no way upset, in discomfort, stressed or miserable about it - he was a very happy boy for whom the nappy (which he didn't wear all the time - only when he was out exercising - meaning he could eat his caecals perfectly well as bunnies really only produce a batch of caecals once or twice a day) provided a way of allowing him to exercise in comfort and preventing him from covering himself in mess, preventing urine scald and the need for lots of bathing to clean him up again.

I wouldn't necessarily say it's right for every bun and shouldn't be seen as a lazy option, but in the right circumstances I have seen that it can be very beneficial :)

Hmmm thats interesting and good to know. Glad it helped him :D

Back