• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Bonding help please?

Phoebesmummy9

Warren Veteran
I have 2 pairs of rabbits. Ella + Fletcher who are outdoor and live in a shed with attached walk in run and Phoebe + Holli who live inside in an IMAC cage but get free range in the house.
Ive decided to try and bond them!! I feel Phoebe and Holli would have a better quality of life outdoors + it means I can bring Charlie the guinea pig down stairs into a bigger cage,and get more attention
I scrubbed the shed and run down, and seperated the shed using puppy pen panels so bunnys can still see and smell each other.
My babys flew the nest yesterday :cry: and spent there first night outside. No scrapping or injurys, and found them lying beside each other (with the panel in between) when i went in this morning. Im taking turns in letting each pair out in the run so there still getting a good 4/5 hour + run time!
Any advice/tips on bonding two pairs? I was hoping to try and introduce them to each other properly on friday afternoon if its nice
Advice/Tips for bonding 2 pairs of rabbits very gratefully recieved! :D

can't give you much advice as i'm at the same stage as you, but sound like your doing things right. if they are happy to be so close together, even if there is a pen between them, i think its a good sign.

Let me know how you get on, will be doing the same thing myself this weekend. xx

Only advice I can offer is not specific to bonding 4 but would recommend you don't clean out for a few days and swap the pair's pens over so they can get used to the other pairs smells i.e. move Ella & Fletcher in Phoebe & Hollis run and vice versa - do it for the next few days before they meet without the wire in between.

Wishing you loads of luck with it :wave:

since the outdoor bun lives in shed, I would take 4 buns to the backyard for about 20 min. per day. If there is a bit of fighting, let them. IF the fighting get serious, separate them. Give a 2 day off period, then do the above again.

That's how I bond my 2 buns, and it took me 9 mth. (although 2 mth. was off because I shut down the backyard)

Well, weve had grooming through the bars but im not sure wether im ready to let them out yet togeather.
Fletcher can be quite aggressive and tends to go for Phoebe, and last year they wouldnt bond! :(
I hope I can bond them

I thought Sophie and Autumn were really aggressive, turns out they were just defending what they each thought was their territory. Their runs back on to each other, so they have had 3 months to get used to each other. I bit the bullet last night and put them all in together.

guess who snuggled up first!

Back