• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

And Here we go Yet Again...... 14/5 0250hrs U/D-Dermot + Lara...........

Jack's-Jane

Wise Old Thumper
Three more Myxo Vacs done yesterday- Lara, Jake and Zac

This morning Lara and Jake are in GI Stasis.

I will be asking Christabel to get in touch with the Vaccine Manufacturer.
This is now more than just a coincidence

:cry:

Last edited:
Definitely - especially when it is bunnies who have never had a problem before. :shock: Fingers crossed for the buns.

And now Felicity is in respiratory distress again, mouth breathing ++++
Just spoken with Wendy (Vet) and have been given the OK to administer emergency meds.
Wendy says not to transport Felicity as we both doubt she'd survive.

Chest Xray not poss' as too stressful and only a dorsal view if done without GA
GA- F would not survive

Felicity has had steroids, antibiotics, metoclop' and Ranitidine.

If she does not respond within the next few hours she will be helped to The Bridge

:cry:

How awful, I’m sorry that things are not going well for you :( I really hope there is not a faulty batch of the vaccine floating around but with too many to be coincidence, its seeming quite possible that that’s the case :?

I hope Felicity improves and that no more of your bunnies get poorly :cry:

Poor Felicity, she's been through a lot but seems to fight it all. Come on Sweetheart, do it again for your mum x

The steroid has kicked in and she is no longer mouth breathing.
She has just eaten 2 dandelion leaves and is looking less stressed.

Thanks for asking about her

xx

Phew, hope she carries on like this!

Come on buns, mums been through enough!

Lara and Jake are feeling better now

After talking with Christabel we will not be subjecting Felicity to more diagnostics. She just gets unbelievably stressed and she is too high a risk for a GA. We know she has 'something going on' in her chest but we dont know what.
Felicity will be treated with steroids and antibiotics plus Ranitidine.
Its not an ideal scenario, but in Felicity's case I believe it is the right thing to do. She cannot tolerate lots of hands on care, Vet trips, hospitalisation etc.

If Felicity fails to cope on the above treatment she will be helped to The Bridge.
Please dont slate me for not opting for lots of 'tests'. Its not that I dont want to spend the money on her. Its that in Felicity's case it is not the right thing to do.

Jane, I would not slate you, but I am no bunny expert. Im a firm believer of "quality not quantity" and I would far rather my bunny be relaxed and happy - rather than been stressed out by tests and vets visits. After seeing Lola being so stressed after her visit to vets, it scares me.

You know whats best for your buns, no-one else x x x x

Jane I don't think anyone will think that about you. You always do what's best for your rabbits, and sounds like this is the best plan for Felicity :)

I agree with the post above sometimes loving an animal is about doing the best for them...not the best for us.

Felicity would rather be calm and loved than stressed by tests I'm sure of it.

How are the others? Any news about the vaccine and whether it was dodgy?

*bunny hugs*

Back