• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Garage conversion pics please

Julia123

Warren Veteran
Hiya

After much thought and tapping on my calculator I have decided to convert a section of my garage (thought about 8ft x 4ft) to a bunny house and get a hole knocked through the wall with a cat flap to an outdoor run.

Anyone else have a similar set up??

I will need to move Bungle and Nushkas set up further up the garden to allow for a run (thought 10ft?) I'm thinking of 4ft fence panels in the garage with a 4ft gate, daylight bulb and a 2 story hutch thats been sitting in my garden since a Fat Fluffs rescue - too small for living but a nice cosy bedroom come snug area. Then I have a rug for the floor and tunnels and chairs and things.

What do you think? Pics of similar would be great please :D

PS Its for Daisy and her new man when she gets one - thought a fresh start would be good for us.

:wave:Sounds like a fab idea, do you have a side door on the garage? what about putting the cat flap in there , I would have thought that putting the cat flap in the garage my be a bit difficult (i may well be wrong though, usually am :) ) One thing I have had to do is put a puppy pen across the front of the garage as everytime I opened the garage door peanut liked to run out :roll: luckily he can easily be caught with the shake of a food bowl but putting the pen across just makes my life easier. :D

:wave:Sounds like a fab idea, do you have a side door on the garage? what about putting the cat flap in there , I would have thought that putting the cat flap in the garage my be a bit difficult (i may well be wrong though, usually am :) ) One thing I have had to do is put a puppy pen across the front of the garage as everytime I opened the garage door peanut liked to run out :roll: luckily he can easily be caught with the shake of a food bowl but putting the pen across just makes my life easier. :D

Hello :wave: I have a cat flap in my garage door but unfortunately its too close to my conservatory for a run - and then wouldn't be able to open the door. My neighbour is abuilder and has already agreed to do the hole for me, though of lining it with 2 x 1 timber and then adding flap.

Was also planning on building their area to he right of the door so that I can go in and then access the buny area, will be longer and thinner but should be fine as overall inside area will be about 4ft x 8ft and the there will be the run.

Look forward to seeing your pics :wave:

Back