PDA

View Full Version : Confused/dazed U/D

Starlight
11-05-2009, 05:54 PM
Is there any illnesses/diseases where the only symptom/after effect would be that the animal seems slightly confused to their surroundings and slightly dazed/not quite there? Or could it possibly be a weather thing? :?

Hugo's There
11-05-2009, 05:55 PM
EC or some sort of seizure ?

Starlight
11-05-2009, 05:57 PM
I was thinking that :(
No other signs, she just doesn't seem completely there

Sooz
11-05-2009, 05:59 PM
Callisto was like this shortly before she died :? is the rabbit looking upwards a lot or facing or backing into a corner?

It can be a sign of pain or neurological complaint.

Starlight
11-05-2009, 06:01 PM
Callisto was like this shortly before she died :? is the rabbit looking upwards a lot or facing or backing into a corner?

It can be a sign of pain or neurological complaint.

Not really, she seems confused as to who i am :(
Seemed discusted that she was put on my lap - she normally jumps on herself. And when i moved away from the chair i was sitting on, she went over to it and looked on it, like she hadn't realised where i had gone, she normally climbs/scales my legs and tries to follow me.

Sooz
11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Will she eat? Is there any possibility she may have banged her head or ingested a toxin?

charlie82
11-05-2009, 06:08 PM
Could it be a problem with her vision...

vicki267
11-05-2009, 06:13 PM
Jet does this, usually after a minor fit though and she appears blind for about 5 minutes.

After that she is back to normal, eating and playing.

She was treated for E.C to no avail, panacur didn't seem to make an impact during the 6 weeks either.

We are now putting it down to neorological damage, possibly due to the damage done by previous EC spores.

Hope she feels better soon, poor love :(

Starlight
11-05-2009, 06:51 PM
She is eating, took some greens to her, and she seems to have perked up a little bit. Incase it was a fit/seizure, i have put bedded out half her pen with deep hay, which she delightfully has started tucking in to.But i know something wasn't right. :?

kerry-123
11-05-2009, 06:52 PM
Maybe a vision problem hope she's alright xx

Hugo's There
11-05-2009, 06:59 PM
Has she been pancured? If not it would be worth doing :)

Starlight
11-05-2009, 07:03 PM
Yup, for 28 days

lilbun
11-05-2009, 08:21 PM
An ear infection or a fever could possibly cause these sorts of symptoms too: It if happens again I would get it checked out

Starlight
11-05-2009, 09:25 PM
Temperature is 38 degrees C

ETA: I am trained and know how to properly use a thermometer correctly.
Please do not attempt it at home.

Starlight
11-05-2009, 10:00 PM
I am so confused.
I know something is wrong, and i know for anyone else to look at, she would most likely seem fine :(

She will be going to the vet if there is no change.
If there is a more visible change, she will be going tonight

Sooz
11-05-2009, 10:02 PM
Keep a real close eye on her Kris, Calli went down hill in the space of a few hours and the odd neurological symptoms were the first sign...barely noticeable at first and then got stranger and stranger. Also watch her movement and co-ordination.

Hope she will be OK. :(

Starlight
11-05-2009, 10:06 PM
Keep a real close eye on her Kris, Calli went down hill in the space of a few hours and the odd neurological symptoms were the first sign...barely noticeable at first and then got stranger and stranger. Also watch her movement and co-ordination.

Hope she will be OK. :(

:cry::cry:
I will check her every 30 mins.
I would bring her in but i have Blossom in and do not want to put her at potential risk through that.

Starlight
11-05-2009, 11:44 PM
I'm so tired :(

Shall i check on her every few hours, or check first thing when i awake?

She tucked ravenously into her pellets, so definately not affecting hunger!!

However she definately does seem confused as to who i am...

sidereus7
12-05-2009, 01:14 AM
I have no advice to give, unfortunately. Some of these posters have said the little bun can go downhill quickly if it's neurological. However, if I were in the position, and everything else was normal, I'd probably sleep in the same room as the bun and try and get a good night's rest. But I'm really not sure. :(

Definitely sending vibes, though. xxx

Snowberry
12-05-2009, 06:55 AM
How is bunny this morning?

Fingers crossed you get some answers today
xxx

LilVicky
12-05-2009, 08:14 AM
i hope shes ok and feeling better this morning...
how is she?

Starlight
12-05-2009, 12:38 PM
She is still no worse as such, still seems not right, but is eating dandelions enthusiastically. She has an appointment at 5pm when i have to take a few others in. If she gets worse, she will be going straight in. Her co-ordination and movement is fine, but still seems a little unsure of everything.

Jessica Rabbit
12-05-2009, 01:29 PM
Oh Kris - no advice I'm afraid.
Just hope she's o.k poor little girl

Hugs to you both!

Starlight
12-05-2009, 06:38 PM
Went vets,they could find nothing physically wrong with her but said about panacurring as well, which i said i have started, they thought she may be constipated as they could feel faecal balls and to keep an eye but within 5 mins of being home we had 7 or 8 golden balls and a wee! And a spray of disgust at my face followed by flicking her back paws at me :roll: So will panacur her and review after.