• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Confused/dazed U/D

Starlight

Warren Veteran
Is there any illnesses/diseases where the only symptom/after effect would be that the animal seems slightly confused to their surroundings and slightly dazed/not quite there? Or could it possibly be a weather thing? :?

Last edited:
Callisto was like this shortly before she died :? is the rabbit looking upwards a lot or facing or backing into a corner?

It can be a sign of pain or neurological complaint.

Callisto was like this shortly before she died :? is the rabbit looking upwards a lot or facing or backing into a corner?

It can be a sign of pain or neurological complaint.

Not really, she seems confused as to who i am :(
Seemed discusted that she was put on my lap - she normally jumps on herself. And when i moved away from the chair i was sitting on, she went over to it and looked on it, like she hadn't realised where i had gone, she normally climbs/scales my legs and tries to follow me.

Will she eat? Is there any possibility she may have banged her head or ingested a toxin?

Jet does this, usually after a minor fit though and she appears blind for about 5 minutes.

After that she is back to normal, eating and playing.

She was treated for E.C to no avail, panacur didn't seem to make an impact during the 6 weeks either.

We are now putting it down to neorological damage, possibly due to the damage done by previous EC spores.

Hope she feels better soon, poor love :(

She is eating, took some greens to her, and she seems to have perked up a little bit. Incase it was a fit/seizure, i have put bedded out half her pen with deep hay, which she delightfully has started tucking in to.But i know something wasn't right. :?

An ear infection or a fever could possibly cause these sorts of symptoms too: It if happens again I would get it checked out

Temperature is 38 degrees C

ETA: I am trained and know how to properly use a thermometer correctly.
Please do not attempt it at home.

I am so confused.
I know something is wrong, and i know for anyone else to look at, she would most likely seem fine :(

She will be going to the vet if there is no change.
If there is a more visible change, she will be going tonight

Keep a real close eye on her Kris, Calli went down hill in the space of a few hours and the odd neurological symptoms were the first sign...barely noticeable at first and then got stranger and stranger. Also watch her movement and co-ordination.

Hope she will be OK. :(

Keep a real close eye on her Kris, Calli went down hill in the space of a few hours and the odd neurological symptoms were the first sign...barely noticeable at first and then got stranger and stranger. Also watch her movement and co-ordination.

Hope she will be OK. :(

:cry::cry:
I will check her every 30 mins.
I would bring her in but i have Blossom in and do not want to put her at potential risk through that.

I'm so tired :(

Shall i check on her every few hours, or check first thing when i awake?

She tucked ravenously into her pellets, so definately not affecting hunger!!

However she definately does seem confused as to who i am...

I have no advice to give, unfortunately. Some of these posters have said the little bun can go downhill quickly if it's neurological. However, if I were in the position, and everything else was normal, I'd probably sleep in the same room as the bun and try and get a good night's rest. But I'm really not sure. :(

Definitely sending vibes, though. xxx

Back