• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Molly gets her new hutch:)

deja224

Alpha Buck
Really pleased OH found this hutch its a bit diffrent and has to be kept in the shade because of the glass but molly and magic love it it has vents ect, whats peoples thoughts?

rabbitsandnewhutch002.jpg

rabbitsandnewhutch001.jpg

I wouldn't personally use it. The glass would when hit by the sun, heat up and surely could cause heat stroke through overheating?
The bottom layer has chicken wire which is easy to chew through (predators/buns) Also a determined fox will attempt to smash through the glass to get bun. It doesn't look high enough on the bottom. How long is it?

It certainly is a unique design!

Its a lovely size esp as they look to be big buns in the first place, What are the dimentions?

I think I would change the glass to perspex, as glass magnifies the suns rays and will make it very hot and stuffy and add more vents to the perspex, I would also consider addin a permenant run, as they can escape the heat if it does get too hot.

I would also want to change the bottom chicken with to welded mesh, as foxes can easily chew through the stuff that is in there now.

ETA - where do you put the water bottle?

Its a lovely size esp as they look to be big buns in the first place, What are the dimentions?

I think I would change the glass to perspex, as glass magnifies the suns rays and will make it very hot and stuffy and add more vents to the perspex, I would also consider addin a permenant run, as they can escape the heat if it does get too hot.

I would also want to change the bottom chicken with to welded mesh, as foxes can easily chew through the stuff that is in there now.

ETA - where do you put the water bottle?

Exactly my thoughts but apart from that it looks great. :wave:

Back