• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

The perils of rabbit owning...and a lesson well learned

matjoliver

Warren Scout
Well, I'm sitting here in a darkened room having a day off work, with a blurred eye that is bloodshot, typing this with the brightness turned way down :(
After continuing to build the new enclosure on saturday, I was fixing a part of the welded mesh to a frame with the 'u' shaped staples, when the corner of the mesh flicked up (it's quite thick mesh and tricky to unroll and hold down), firing the staple into my eye. :shock:
Luckily it bounced straight back out, but spent saturday night with no sleep and yesterday at the Brighton eye hospital to be told nothing in my eye, but I have scratched the cornea.
Needless to say, I will now wear goggles when doing anything with the smallest freak chance of something hitting me in the eye :)
If anyone's had the same thing, they know what it's like, and if you haven't - it's extremely irritating, feeling like something's constantly in your eye and it waters so much it makes your pillow soaked :lol: - plus makes your nose run like you've got a cold!!
Thankfully it's getting better, although light feels really bright (thus dark room) - I beg anyone not to be complacent with eye protection when doing anything!! Trust me, it's not nice and could have been a lot worse!!

Ouch, my OH had that (except I was the culprit, not a stapler :oops::oops: accident may I add :shock:). He said it was incredibly painful and made me feel terrible for days :( If it had been the other way round I'm sure I'd have made him feel worse for longer

Hope it feels better soon :)

My mum had a willow tree branch whack her in the eye at B&q (was badly placed!) it hit her, eye started bleeding, staff were USELESS!!!
I ended up doing most of the first aid, they gave her toilet roll and threw some water in her face!! literally!
She didn't even get a blooming voucher or anything from them grrr!!!
She was in agony for days :(

Owwwwww :shock::shock::shock:

You have my sympathy. I scratched my cornea a few weeks ago and I can well remember the pain, and the runny nose.
Hope you feel better soon. what drops are you on?

Owwwwww :shock::shock::shock:

You have my sympathy. I scratched my cornea a few weeks ago and I can well remember the pain, and the runny nose.
Hope you feel better soon. what drops are you on?

No drops, but have got antibiotic cream to put in.

Thanks everyone for the get better soons :D

when you do any kind of work that involves electrical equipment, dangerous hardware, you always wear protection eyewear.

Back