• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

radiator cover needed for house bunny

Biscuit Bunny

Alpha Buck
Hi there

Wonder if anyone can help me.

Biscuit is moving house on the 30 May and in her new room there is a large radiator, now obviously the majority of the time it will be off especially during the summer but for when it gets chilly I need a radiator cover.

Obviously I need something that will still allow the room to heat up but not burn bunny. Nothing expensive or metal or chewable.

I did find rad pads (which are like big fire proof quilts) but their website doesn't seem to be working and when I tried to order one from somewhere else it all looked a bit dodgy.

What do other people use?

I don't have house bunny's so I can't really say but I would have thought leaving the radiator off in the ir room during winter would be fine. At least for them...Even the coldest places I have lived in have only gone down to about 10 degrees indoors. Fine for bunnies!

I don't have house bunny's so I can't really say but I would have thought leaving the radiator off in the ir room during winter would be fine. At least for them...Even the coldest places I have lived in have only gone down to about 10 degrees indoors. Fine for bunnies!

Very good point I am really being dim the room she is in at the moment we lifted the heater off the wall so she has no heating in there.

You have just saved me £36 LOL

i don't have any radiator covers but i find that when the heating has come on, eric has been fine. he often lies underneath the radiator whether its on or off - unless the sun is shining thro the patio doors and he prefers that (like now - full stretch with the sun on his belly). he did sniff it once but decided not to do that again as the heat made him sneeze.

do the rads have individual thermostats at the bottom that you could keep on low during the winter?

x

i don't have any radiator covers but i find that when the heating has come on, eric has been fine. he often lies underneath the radiator whether its on or off - unless the sun is shining thro the patio doors and he prefers that (like now - full stretch with the sun on his belly). he did sniff it once but decided not to do that again as the heat made him sneeze.

do the rads have individual thermostats at the bottom that you could keep on low during the winter?

x

Thanks for this :D I am just a worrier

Ooo I don't know, didn't take a good look at them

My radiator is on full when the heating is on and Charlie will either sit with his bum right against it or he sits away from it and we have no covers.

Back