• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

My First Fundraising Stall

devoted2buns

Mama Doe
Hi Guys, I am holding a stall at a dog show soon and I have decided to do 3 things, a tombolla - £1 for 5 tickets, a bunny quiz - £1 (help with the bun quiz would be appreciated, how many questions, what sort of questions? etc) and face painting (of a bunny) for the kids £1.

I am not doing anymore as I dont want to take on too much at the stall in case it gets busy. I plan to have 1 person in charge of each station. I am also hoping to get a bunny mascot costume too.

Also how many raffle ticket books do i need, do i just end things in a 0 or a 5 too, never done a tombolla before.

Thanks.

its on the 24th May, you free? It is also in Bridport.

Im doing a stall on 24th May!!
The Redbridge Green Fair!!
Good luck with yours.
One thing i would say, email companies explaining what you do, and about fundraising, and sometimes they will donate items to raffles etc. I got a very generous donation from one company for the stall :love:

tombola
the prizes have one of the tickets that end with 0 or 5 on..the matching ticket you fold and put in container along with folded non winning tickets..you can use all nine of non winning to one winner..makes odds 1 win in ten....or can put less non winners in to make odds of winning better..depends how many prizes you have

Can use all sorts of booby prizes to make money..people don't mind aslong as some of the prizes are good
Have a container with lid on as if breezey the tickets will blow everywhere ..

Try to arrange prizes on table in number groups as easier to find and if you have at least two books of tickets with different colours seems to look better

Good luck!:D

Thanks Jill and Kris, i will take your advice. What sort of companies are best to ask? My Auntie owns a newsagent so could ask her if she could donate a bottle or 2?

Depending how confident you are on people being there..tombolas always do well..so you could buy some cheap things
look for any cheap tins of baked beans..packet of whip etc...
multi packs of drinks are good ..split them..they work out cheap
Asda or Wilkinsons for cheap stationary such as there small notebooks about 15p each..packs of coloured pencils,etc
the cheaper the better!:D

then mix on with decent donated prizes..ask friends and family for unwanted birthday x mas pressies ..look in charity shops as some will have soft toys as new really cheap..they look good on a stall..have a search round your ownhouse it's amazing what you can find..even unwanted vases or ornaments ..if washed and look new can be used...:D

Depending how confident you are on people being there..tombolas always do well..so you could buy some cheap things
look for any cheap tins of baked beans..packet of whip etc...
multi packs of drinks are good ..split them..they work out cheap
Asda or Wilkinsons for cheap stationary such as there small notebooks about 15p each..packs of coloured pencils,etc
the cheaper the better!:D

then mix on with decent donated prizes..ask friends and family for unwanted birthday x mas pressies ..look in charity shops as some will have soft toys as new really cheap..they look good on a stall..have a search round your ownhouse it's amazing what you can find..even unwanted vases or ornaments ..if washed and look new can be used...:D

thanks jill, will defo look in wilkos. I got 2 large bunny teddies from car boot sale at the weekend and a brand new dog mug from clintons for £1.99, was 4.99. I have a box of brand new dog toys too which i will also use.

Just shows, if you ask ;)

Thanks to Lou who told me to do it :D

The worst they will say is no, i need to go stock up on Thank you cards!! :lol:

For tombola follow jills advice. Friends, families as well as local companies (you can target the supermarkets etc but they are often unresponsive) are all good people to get prizes off. If you want to buy some cheap and chearful prizes ebay is a good place to look. If you search the wholesale section you can pick up things which cost under 10p each that make good "fillers". Also I don't know how far away you are but if you are a registered charity you can use the staff shop at cadbury world. very cheap chocolate there!

Bunny quiz I would dump & insted have a big bunny or dog as a prize & get people to guess the weight of the bunny or give a name to the bunny or if you have a big photo of a bunny...pin the tail on the bunny. All good fun things & less printing costs for you.

Face painting - Can be absolutely manic. At chelmsley wood last year we painted well over 100 kids and had 3 face painters going at the same time & we still had massive queues. There were also 2 other stalls face painting. You might want to consider having 1 person doing the tombola/rabbit quiz & as many people as possible doing face painting :)

Getting a bunny costume was one of the best things we've ever done. When you do things like shaking a tin it really encourages people to come over & talk and makes you seem a bit more kosher for some reason. However decent ones are about £150 or £30 to hire. ours is sponsored by a local company otherwise we would never be able to afford it.

me in the bunny costume
bunny2.jpg

For tombola follow jills advice. Friends, families as well as local companies (you can target the supermarkets etc but they are often unresponsive) are all good people to get prizes off. If you want to buy some cheap and chearful prizes ebay is a good place to look. If you search the wholesale section you can pick up things which cost under 10p each that make good "fillers". Also I don't know how far away you are but if you are a registered charity you can use the staff shop at cadbury world. very cheap chocolate there!

Bunny quiz I would dump & insted have a big bunny or dog as a prize & get people to guess the weight of the bunny or give a name to the bunny or if you have a big photo of a bunny...pin the tail on the bunny. All good fun things & less printing costs for you.

Face painting - Can be absolutely manic. At chelmsley wood last year we painted well over 100 kids and had 3 face painters going at the same time & we still had massive queues. There were also 2 other stalls face painting. You might want to consider having 1 person doing the tombola/rabbit quiz & as many people as possible doing face painting :)

Getting a bunny costume was one of the best things we've ever done. When you do things like shaking a tin it really encourages people to come over & talk and makes you seem a bit more kosher for some reason. However decent ones are about £150 or £30 to hire. ours is sponsored by a local company otherwise we would never be able to afford it.

me in the bunny costume
bunny2.jpg

that bunny costume is awesome. I have e-mailed my local fancy dress shop to see if they can help. I looked on ebay and they were expensive or looked scary. I was thinking of doing pin the tail on the bunny but not sure how to do it, it would have to be at head hight??

that bunny costume is awesome. I have e-mailed my local fancy dress shop to see if they can help. I looked on ebay and they were expensive or looked scary. I was thinking of doing pin the tail on the bunny but not sure how to do it, it would have to be at head hight??

we used a large photo of my bunny rosie which I photoshopped a target on her bottom. You could always draw one too if you don't like me have access to a large photographic printer. We borrowed an easel (sp?) from a friend which ment we could raise & lower it for smaller kids but usually I'd say about 1 metre in the air is about right. If you are drawing it you can get the kids to mark in pencil where they think it should be. Photographs have to be scrapped after use as you have to use permanent marker.

if you have a local fancy dress shop they might loan you for free in return for some advertising on your stand? If they do helium ballons they could put there name on it and make your stand more colourful?

*wonders if I could pursuded Dave to dress up as a bunny*

I have been looking around for a costume actually !! :lol:;)

I just said to mum "would you come to the Green Fair if you were to be warm and cosy?!" She goes "Why?! What would you have me in?" I said "A bunny suit!" Her reply is untypeable :oops:

Back