• Forum/Server Upgrade If you are reading this you have made it to the upgraded forum. Posts made on the old forum after 26th October 2023 have not been transfered. Everything else should be here. If you find any issues please let us know.

Help... my bunnies are multiplying... ;) Giraffe added...

Hi... I just can't seem to help myself a the moment, every spare minute I have there's been needles clicking!!

First there was one:

IMG_3603.jpg

Then this because two:
IMG_3605.jpg

Soon to become three:
IMG_3606.jpg

Then a Monkey appeared...
IMG_3608.jpg

Closely followed by a dog:
IMG_3609.jpg

Then another rabbit and dog with funny legs!
IMG_3611.jpg

Finished off the giraffe this weekend, he was a bit of a challange for me as I've not knitted with two colours together before. I'm also getting better as positioning the eyes..
3562759781_7714f12f20.jpg

The first three are egg cosy's like the dog and monkey, but I've only one egg cup so I couldn't photograph them togther... I found the patterns here http://jellybums.blogspot.com/ when searching for a bunny egg cosy! There's so many other animals I want to knit, but the house will be cluttered soon with little furry things. I thought I might be able to knit a few up to raise some money for rescues but they take longer to knit than expected and my knitting is far from good - I've not knitted since primary school and I never really progressed from squared, I'm quite happy with what I'm achieving, but know there's room for improvement :lol:

Thanks for looking.

Hannah

EDIT: I've decided to try and knit up 10 animals (taking the greatest care - so there are fewer wonkey ones as shown above, I'm learning all the time) and try to sell them to raise a few pounds for my favourite rabbit rescue (I can't name them yet as I haven't checked with them). I'm taking peoples opinions into account when deciding what to knit, but I won't be taking orders as I don't want the pressume of that (in case I get behind or one doesn't work out!!). I think it will take me about a month to get them done so check back in about that time :D

Last edited:
:shock: you stole Pebble and Bailey! :shock:
In the first picture!

Omg, they are amazing! I REALLY want the ones that look like pebble and bailey! :lol:

Wow they're lovely well done, and thanks for posting the link to the patterns. i feel inspired to dust off my knitting needles tonight!

p.s. - if anyone wants to learn to knit I recommend the 'stitch n bi*ch' book - I learnt from it, and I thought I was a lost cause when it came to knitting :lol:

Last edited:
Back